Account Manager II (Telecommunications)
LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority)Austin, TEXAS15 days ago
LCRA is looking for an outstanding business development manager to market and sell mission critical telecommunications services to first responders, cities, counties, school districts, utilities and public transit agencies. Our mission is to design and deliver reliable communications services to serve Texans. Experience with radio systems, broadband fiber, and telecom systems is desired. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are required.
What you will do:
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and potential customers.
• Advises LCRA staff and management of potential issues of critical importance to LCRA's customers. Collaborates with internal staff and management to develop requirements for services that incorporate issues of importance to customers.
• Assesses the business practices of each potential and current customer. Develops a thorough understanding of and insight into the customers’ business needs, operations, processes and strategies.
• Develops a marketing plan which includes target markets and analysis.
• Updates and maintains marketing tools (i.e. brochures, exhibit materials, web page, promotional items, etc.). Keeps informed of current industry technology, standards and regulatory requirements and how they apply to business development. Assists in developing, updating and maintaining fee schedules and cost projections.
• Provides LCRA perspective to customers and serves as conduit of information.
• As applicable, assists customers in developing plans. Makes service recommendations based upon customer needs analysis. Develops and presents innovative proposals and delivers strategic presentations. Prepares quotations and negotiates terms of service.
• As applicable, prepares or assists in preparing contracts, proposals and/or memos of understanding. Coordinates and assists in the technical review of contracts with internal stakeholders. Reviews customer objectives and ensures that LCRA is able to meet or exceed those requirements. Coordinates with legal, finance and operational areas to ensure contract compliance and proper billing of services.
• Acts as the LCRA liaison on projects for assigned customers. Answers customer inquiries, questions and concerns and assists with issue resolution. Ensures that all services are carried out within agreed upon terms and timing schedules to the level expected by both LCRA and the customer.
• Assists in budgeting and forecasting revenues and expenses for customer accounts.
• Approximately 25% travel to customer locations and events
What qualifications you must have:
- For incumbents other than those in ELS: Six or more years of experience in operational area related to assigned accounts, account management, contract administration, billing, accounting/bookkeeping, customer service, public relations, business development or business process consulting. A degree(s) in business, communications, marketing, public relations, government affairs, political science, technical area of specialty or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Driver's license
- For ELS incumbents: A Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, environmental science, physical sciences or engineering with 16 or more college semester credit hours in chemistry plus three or more years of experience in a technical role in a commercial environmental laboratory. A Master's or Doctoral degree(s) in the above disciplines may each be substituted for one year of experience.
- Driver's license
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
6+ years of experience in sales, marketing, sales development or sales operations, with relevant experience in account management, contracts, billing, customer success, public relations, business development or business process consulting.
A degree(s) in business, communications, marketing, public relations, government affairs, political science, technical area of specialty or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.