Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Manages division activities to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. Identifies and analyzes trends; determines methodologies to implement change.
- Develops and implements short and long range plans, programs, and personnel that provide clerical and administrative support.
- Prepares, presents, and monitors the departmental budget, ensures department operates within appropriated budget.
- Monitors contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors and other organizational entities
- Performs economic or business needs forecasting.
- Evaluates and analyzes programs, recommends improvements and/or policy changes..
- Monitors external regulatory and legal precedents effecting the operation of the division and department.
- Acts as a liaison with other city departments and management personnel.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local laws.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to conduct research, identifying and analyzing trends, including root cause analysis.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration, Planning, Economics, plus five (5) years experience in a managerial support service function, two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Master’s degree may substitute for two (2) years of the required supervisory experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience communicating a clear vision and strategic direction for employees and providing training to meet performance goals, including completing performance reviews, mentoring, evaluating, recognition, and counseling employees, as well as developing and implementing team performance measures, tracking metrics and identifying performance gaps to improve quality of service
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service and facilitating resolution of complex customer issues, coordinating, collaborating, and working effectively with other departments or units within an organization and adapting communication styles to meet the needs of internal and external customers and business objectives
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, managing and providing effective leadership and guidance to remote employees, and managing the delivery of administrative services to support organizational goals
- Advanced business writing skills and ability to enter and collect data to produce reports, edit and develop comprehensive correspondence in a variety of formats using business systems and/or databases such as SharePoint, OneDrive or other document management system.
- Ability to analyze existing policies and procedures and develop and implement process improvements
- Experience with the budgeting process including identifying needs, creating budgets and monitoring performance and overseeing accounts payable/receivable and the timely processing of invoices and vendor payments using the City of Austin AIMS system or other similar purchasing/procurement software
- Knowledge and experience with records management practices, including records control schedules, retention periods, filing, archiving, and proper destruction of paper and electronic records
- Ability to travel to more than one work location