Click here to view additional details or positions at Austin Water, or to apply for this position.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities, and more. Please click here for more information on benefits.
The Administrative Supervisor will oversee support activities for the water treatment plants, service centers and the Administrative Services Division. They will manage a team of seven direct reports and will report to the Administrative Manager. The Administrative Services Division consists of 27 team members and supports approximately 800 employees.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework in Business, Public Administration or in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of professional experience in staff support functions such as personnel, purchasing, or finance,(2) two years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Master’s Degree may substitute for required experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
- Experience or education may substitute up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience communicating clear direction for employees to meet performance goals, including completing performance reviews, mentoring, evaluating, recognition, and counseling employees, as well as developing and implementing team performance measures, tracking metrics, accountability, and identifying performance gaps to improve quality of service
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service and facilitating resolution of complex customer issues, coordinating, collaborating, and working effectively with other departments or units within an organization and adapting communication styles to meet the needs of internal and external customers and business objectives
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements
- Experience providing oversight of the timekeeping procedures, knowledge of the payroll process, and adherence to firm deadlines
- Experience with accounts payable and receivable and the timely processing of invoices using the City of Austin AIMS system or other similar purchasing/procurement software
- Experience providing guidance and advice to management on developing, implementing, and revising existing policies and procedures
- Experience preparing, presenting, and monitoring training and employee development, including coordinating with other departments or divisions to provide training
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing the delivery of administrative services to support organizational goals
- Ability to travel to more than one work location
$22.95 – $29.26
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, with some flexibility
Davis Water Treatment Plant (3500 W 35th St, Austin 78703)
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.