Adventure Instructor - Camp Moody
YMCA of AustinBuda, Texas15 days ago
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As an Adventure Instructor, you will play a critical role in leading family enrichment activities such as arts, games, sports, and songs/skits. Staff also assists in greeting attendees, set up/takedown, and program logistics. You introduce and engage program participants to our purpose through service. This position reports to the Senior Program Director. This is a part-time role based out of Camp Moody.
What are the Perks?
- FREE membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Opportunity to enroll in 403b Savings Account
- Flexible schedules
- Work-life balance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience
What are the details?
- You lead families in activities, specifically in arts, group games, and family team building games.
- You supervise families and campers in skills relevant to their camp program, including the safe and proper use of equipment and supplies
- You provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, problem-solving, and how to properly interact with others in ways that are respectful to each family’s uniqueness.
- You interact with program participants with respect
- You upport program participant's social and emotional development.
- You remain calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
- You assist in the program set up and take down.
- You complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 16 years of age and you have at least one year working and/or volunteering with kids ages 5-17.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive. You are organized, able to prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths.
- Availability: You have a flexible schedule during operational hours.
Pay Rate: $9.00 - $13.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.