This position has a strong IT focus as it relates to configuration and management of an asset management system. The ideal candidate will lead others in data quality and data governance, and will have an understanding of redesigning an asset management system to provide reports and dashboards to meet business needs and will be able to train others on how to use the system effectively.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Provides strategic leadership in the best practices utilizing the Asset Management System (AMS)/Computerized Maintenance Management System(s) (CMMS) for maintenance and operations planning, preventative maintenance planning, materials management, and purchasing.
- Develops long-range business plans for automation, manages the operations of AMS/CMMS technology projects and functional support activities, and coordinates with the department’s Information Technology division.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and reports key business metrics for AMS/CMMS and purchasing programs.
- Provides ongoing analysis of data associated with assets for CIP Project needs and prioritization.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and measures adherence to standard operating procedures, work processes, defined standards, and regulatory requirements for recording asset information, material management, and purchasing services.
- Analyzes current AMS/CMMS business processes and requirements to identify unmet needs and to determine viable solutions for process improvement.
- Oversees and recommends the development of training plans required to use and support of AMS/CMMS.
- Functions as an asset management SME between business units and IT support personnel.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of automated business applications and their relationships to each other and their interfaces with outside systems.
- Knowledge of the best practices in AMS/CMMS; planning and scheduling; and project coordination functions and processes.
- Knowledge of the best practices in Logistics Operations, warehousing, material handling functions, and processes.
- Knowledge of new technology implementation, training, and supporting documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of customer-focused and results-oriented teamwork, communication, innovation, adaptability, and decision making.
- Skill in strategic leadership, customer relations, problem-solving, and decision making.
- Skill in understanding and using standard software application development design, report, and project management tools.
- Skill in developing and evaluating functional requirements for software applications and automated systems.
- Skill in developing standards to maintain the integrity of enterprise asset management system data.
- Skill in leading the development and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- Skill in customer relations and negotiation.
- Skill in financial and analytical problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of preventive maintenance, scheduled maintenance, and emergency utility response.
- Ability to direct a multi-disciplinary staff responsible for complex administrative and technical projects, requiring organizational, presentation, and management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, management, and human relations skills to facilitate significant cultural and organizational change.
- Ability to understand the differing needs and expectations of various stakeholders and be effective in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective ongoing relationships with customers even through periods of conflict and disagreement.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the area supported, plus five (5) years of experience developing Business Processes and supporting Computerized Maintenance Management Software applications, including two (2) years of which were in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for up to two (2) years of non-supervisory experience.
- Experience in Project Management for technology infrastructure implementations.
- Experience managing an Information Technology work group, including budget management.
- Experience in managing CMMS systems and integrated technologies for developing specialized reports and dashboards, monitoring data quality, reviewing and developing process improvements, and providing user training.
- Experience facilitating and functioning as a liaison between business and technical units.
- Experience with large enterprise-wide database systems and integration between related systems.
- Experience configuring, providing business\user and technical support for large enterprise applications.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.