Assistant Director, Engineering
City of Austin WaterAustin, TX1M ago
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering or a related degree, plus six (6) years of professional-level supervisory/management experience in Engineering, Project
Management, or a related field, or Masters Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of professional-level supervisory/management experience in Engineering, Project Management, or a related field
Licenses or Certifications:
State of Texas Professional Engineer
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable of local, state and federal water and wastewater utility regulations, as well as laws related to various procurement and construction delivery methods. Prior experience working with water utilities and/or river authorities is desirable. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to establish relationships with City staff and the community. Prior supervisory experience in a large, robust city/organization and demonstrated capacity and interest to be an effective mentor is desirable. Advanced written and verbal communication skills are imperative for this position. The following core competencies are important for this role:
- Planning Priorities – Recognizes, plans, focuses upon and works toward what is most important or critical.
- Communicates Effectively – Demonstrates the ability to convey and receive information and ideas in an open, clear, and articulate way with respect to cultural differences and others’ perspectives.
- Exercises Leadership – Uses appropriate judgment to handle critical, problematic, or a striking set of conditions with focus, ownership, and accountability.
- Thinks Strategically – Enables others to better understand and implement the vision and strategy, while being the aligned forward thinker, has the ability to formulate and communicate sound business strategy, and implement in a clear and concise manner.
- Customer Focused – Strives to deliver high quality results and superior service that exceeds the expectations while remaining mindful of the needs and perspective both of our internal and external customers.
- Community Collaborator – Has experience in collaborating and presenting to internal and external stakeholders on projects and programs that might include public outreach, council updates, and program implementation.
- Achieves Results – Has the ability to achieve organizational goals and objectives.