Assistant Preschool Teacher
YMCA of AustinAustin, Texas 7870221 days ago
BREAKING NEWS - RECEIVE UP TO $300 IN BONUSES!*
This summer is full of possibilities at the YMCA of Austin. We’re hiring professional role models who can empower and inspire brighter futures for kids in our community! The Y isn’t just any job. We’re interested in developing new generations of changemakers. Our jobs offer flexible hours, a FREE Y membership and so much more!
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you will be making a huge difference in your community as well.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team, as a part-time Assistant Preschool Teacher, that is available to work Monday-Friday for our afternoon shifts. The position plays a crucial role in building positive relationships with our preschool students, engaging them in our curriculum, and facilitating safe and high-quality child care to every student. The Assistant Teacher is also responsible for building quality relationships with fellow team members as well as student's families. This part-time position reports to the Program Director and Lead Teacher. This seasonal part-time position is non-exempt and is based out of the EAC-YMCA Branch.
Summer Pay Rate: $13.00 per hour
What are the details?
- Responsible for the safety of the children on site within the Texas Child Care directives. Enforces safety and security standards for children, and visitors.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with parents and staff.
- Monitors for signs of emotional and developmental issues in children and notifies parents, guardians, or authorities of concerns when necessary.
- Encourages children’s emotional, social, and physical development, and positive self-concept.
- Maintains current knowledge developments, and best practices in early childhood education. Teaches students to follow rules and procedures according to program directives.
- Cares for and attends to the needs of children at the facility including dressing, feeding, diapering, and monitoring their activities and playtime.
- Follows the lesson plans put in place which include educational and recreational activities for children in a group setting.
- Teaches activities such as arts and crafts, designed to improve fine and gross motor skills, and social skills.
- Reinforces children’s personal and healthy habits such as eating, resting, and personal hygiene.
- Cleans and sanitizes toys, furniture, and play equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You must be a minimum of 18 years old and have a High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Availability: You have the availability to work Monday through Friday, 7 am -6:30 pm.
- Teamwork: You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude; you work well with others and are able to establish productive and professional relationships with colleagues and parents.
- Organized and Productive: You are timely, organized, and able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments.
- Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively. You are able to match your communication style to your audience. You are able to effectively communicate with the parents, your teammates, the children, the lead teacher, and your director.
- Growth Mindset: You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve
- Sense of humor: You know how to work hard to accomplish team goals in a fun and relaxed environment.
- Free individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value).
- Flexible schedules and weekends OFF!
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs and more
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Account
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.