Peak PerformersAustin, TXa month ago
Do you have experience working as an Auditor?
Are you looking to gain experience working for a State agency?
Look no further…
Peak Performers is a nonprofit recruiting firm specializing in contract roles with State of Texas government agencies. We've partnered with the Texas Division of Emergency Management to recruit for a Compliance Auditor II in North Central Austin, TX
Perform moderately complex compliance review work related to COVID-19. Review documentation (e.g., invoices, receipts, proof of payment, time sheets, activity reports, pay stubs, contracts, rental agreements, etc.) of disaster response invoices and reimbursement packets from applicable claimants. Perform review for completeness, accuracy and compliance with applicable local, state and/or federal requirements. Document deficiencies and noncompliance issues in a clear and concise manner. Communicate daily with applicable claimants by email and phone in order to address issues or request information.
- Knowledge of compliance review, accounting and/or auditing methods.
- Must maintain positive, working/professional relationships with internal/external customers.
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to prioritize.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to examine information, draw conclusions and communicate the results in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Excel skills are needed.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Compensation: $19.00/hour PLUS 10 hours of overtime/week.
Project term: ASAP through 8/31/2021
Hours: Monday – Friday/8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Housed within Texas A&M University, the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) oversees a comprehensive all-hazard emergency management program for the State and assists local and state government agencies in planning and implementing their local emergency management programs. TDEM has an extensive history of emergency management, most notably its involvement in the civil defense programs established during World War II; the Division continues to move forward with creative and efficient emergency management programming.
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
- Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
- Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
- We pay weekly through direct deposit.
- We offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days.
- In business since 1994, our relationships span 25 years and thousands of job placements.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee- based recruitment services.