Austin Water Marketing Services Manager
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas2M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Oversees development and execution of comprehensive organizational engagement and communication strategies linked to improving customer understanding, value, and satisfaction, aligning AW’s campaigns, publications, social media, and events with organizational strategic objectives.
- Maintains relationships with the media, elected officials, stakeholders, regulatory bodies, the public, and their staff coordinating responses and outreach.
- Collaborates with programmatic staff in developing communications (e.g., letters, memos, announcements) for customers, community partners, vendors/contractors, and other audiences.
- Manages overall utility communication efforts including coordination with other City departments, marketing, and advertising campaign development, staff workload, vendor contracts, and advertising agency relations.
- Provides leadership and oversight; bears responsibility for planning, coordination, communications, work review, and staff feedback within AW’s Public Information Division, ensuring timely and appropriate responses to requests for information under the Texas Public Information Act.
- Ensures that AW’s social media and website are updated regularly and provide dynamic, customer-focused communications that are integrated with overall communications, marketing campaigns, and outreach efforts.
- Oversees development and management of AW’s emergency communications plan. Manages and oversees emergency communications with the media and community in cases of emergency events.
- Ensures successful product service launches; support with successful marketing communication approach and within budgeted guidelines.
- Manages or assists community outreach events planning and execution, including but not limited to, public relations, customer education and information, and community event support and sponsorship.
- Manages design staff; leads, monitors, and quality assures artistic and creative processes supporting AW’s marketing, materials/documents, presentations, and outreach.
- Bears responsibility for use of corporate image, logo, and graphics presentations in sales and/or marketing materials such as brochures, direct mail advertising, billboards, and other marketing communications vehicles.
- Serves as liaison for requests for use of AW facilities by creative industries (e.g., film, video and photograph). Works closely with requestor, facility/plant managers, security, legal, to establish feasibility of request, from conception to execution of project.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, work management, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of media and community relations standards and practices.
- Knowledge of marketing service communication standards and practices.
- Knowledge of the specific water industry and the strategic issues facing water utilities.
- Knowledge of Incident Command System.
- Knowledge of product and service planning, development, and launch.
- Knowledge of graphics, copy quality development, and print production process.
- Knowledge of computer software necessary for graphic design.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of the water utility industry.
- Skill in handling media and community communications during everyday situations and during emergencies.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and time management.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and setting priorities.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Ability to represent AW in public speaking engagements before groups such as City Council, boards and commissions, executive management, citizens, neighborhood and community groups, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to Executive Level Management and/or Legislative body such as a City Council.
- Ability to facilitate public meetings with customers, neighborhood and community groups, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to Business, Media, Marketing, or Advertising, plus five (5) years of experience in a field related to the job, including two (2) years of experience which were in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
- Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
- Experience leading cross-functional efforts with internal and external stakeholders and executive-level staff to prepare relevant information in a variety of formats in response to media requests, media interviews and other communications
- Experience applying high-level operational or organizational concepts and using data analytics to identify and implement programs to improve the customer experience
- Experience leading teams through change management and process improvement activities
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and advertising strategic planning and goal setting, including performance measures
- Ability to travel to more than one work location