AW Pipeline Technician Coordinator
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texasa month ago
Must be available for overtime, call back, and on-call for emergency response on nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required by business need.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Performs required field investigations duties: performs test-shutout, identifies/notifies impacted customers, reviews traffic control needs, inspects area for obstacles/obstructions, and ensures utilities have been properly marked.
- Coordinates with operation and maintenance supervisors to ensure timely planning of infrastructure improvement and heavy maintenance project needs by work crews.
- Ensures utility notification groups are contacted when excavation greater than 18 inches will occur 1-call.
- Tracks and requests needed permits to ensure proper agencies are notified (ROW/Permits, DAPC, TxDOT).
- Ensures all preparation work and notifications are complete 24 to 48 hours prior to work beginning.
- Coordinates with traffic control contractor to ensure there is a safe work zone for workers.
- Closes out work orders – provides Quality Assurance review of repair work order and makes updates to work order databases.
- Generates reports as needed.
- Handles other projects as assigned.
- Subject to various work shifts, on-call, and call back hours.
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of City of Austin policies and procedures related to pipeline operations.
- Knowledge of City of Austin safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of training and monitoring of assigned work group.
- Knowledge of moderately complex utility math formulas and metric units, ratio, percent.
- Knowledge of relational databases for data entry, data queries, and generating reports.
- Skill in reading maps, plans, drawings, and electrical equipment.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in using hand tools and power tools.
- Skill in operating a motor vehicle and motorized equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to read and follow technical guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor with limited oversight.
- Ability to meet and maintain driver eligibility standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety
- Program while driving personal and City of Austin Vehicles on official business.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus five (5) years of experience in general construction maintenance, including four (4) years of experience in water and wastewater underground utility construction maintenance.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Must obtain the appropriate class Commercial Driver’s License with endorsements within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Positions in water distribution: Class C Water Distribution License from TCEQ required at time of hire. A Surface Water Class C License or higher may substitute for the Class C Water Distribution License.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing the delivery of construction and/or utility projects to support organizational goals
- Experience coordinating, collaborating, and working effectively with other departments or units within an organization
- Experience ensuring/enforcing safety policies and procedures on construction and/or utility work sites
- Experience using mobile devices out in the field such as tablets and laptops
- Experience interpreting and applying information found in technical documents such as as-builts and plan sheets
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Advanced experience with GIS programs