Broadband Solutions Architect Lead (Telecommunications)
LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority)Austin, Texas15 days ago
Be part of a team to help expand broadband connectivity to rural Texas. LCRA is looking for someone that can provide innovative connectivity solutions to support LCRA's expansive Telecommunications systems. We are a team that thrives on finding innovative ways to provide connectivity for the communities that we serve. This position requires specialized depth of expertise. Interprets business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Works with Telecom Operations, Planning, and Engineering on a daily basis and will be primary interface with Account managers. Travel may be required though LCRA's service territory to meet with perspective customers to develop solutions. Background in wireless and wide area networks a must have to be successful.
What you will do:
-Works with business stakeholders, outside customers, and Strategic Services to ensure solutions to business problems and customer needs while conforming to appropriate standards, providing a superior user experience and ensuring ongoing, quality technical support.
-Recommends best practices and innovative solutions to solve complex problems. Acts as a key facilitator of Telecom modernization.
-Coordinates installation and implementation activities with LCRA and third-party vendors.
-Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings.
What qualifications you must have:
- Twelve or more years of experience in network design, operations, RF design, LTE/5G, DWDM, data center interconnect, or information systems security. A degree(s) in engineering, engineering technology, computer science or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Driver’s license
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP, LTE or DWDM certifications
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environmen