As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Business Analysts work together with Project and Program Managers on projects throughout the organization with the goal of understanding current business processes, creating efficiencies, supporting large scale team initiatives, and driving team success. We bring key cross-functional stakeholders together to improve organizational operations.
How You Work
As a Business Analyst Team Lead, you will coach and lead a group of Business Analysts and may have the opportunity to assist with some project assignments of your own. You will collaborate with business stakeholders and project teams to make sure the Business Analysts are effective in addressing the needs of Indeed and prioritizing that work accordingly. Specifically, you will:
- Partner with stakeholders and project team members to maintain an in-depth understanding of strategic goals, priorities, and business needs.
- Through one on one coaching, ongoing feedback, and quarterly reviews, enable Business Analysts to develop and grow in their careers.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding of Business Analysts.
- Critique and validate business/technical requirements and process flows at a level of expertise that allows you to effectively train and coach your team on the craft.
- Proactively examine the change impact of process adjustments on people, strategy, systems and general business operations to determine priority of needs.
- Assist with implementation on an as-needed basis.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of Business Analysts and the quality of their work.
- Collaborate with other Business Analyst Leads and PMO leadership to help define, understand, and achieve the goals, and initiatives for your business area.
Characteristics that set you apart:
- Adaptability within a hyper-growth, constant-change environment.
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity.
- Have a coaching mindset and thrive on helping others succeed in their career.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and awareness.
- Ability to effectively lead in a non-autocratic, collaborative style.
- Excellent detective and highly curious.
- Detail oriented, yet able to move forward efficiently in the face of unanswered questions.
- Continuously striving for process and quality improvements.
- Customer focused and values end-user satisfaction.
- Ability to assess and align stakeholder requests with strategic initiatives.
- Patience and savvy to seek cultural change toward organizational maturity through an iterative process.
- Eight or more years of experience as a business analyst (or directly parallel role) working with technical systems.
- Two plus years direct supervisory experience including recruiting and performance management.
- Core competencies in the creation of Business Cases, User Stories, and Workflow Diagrams. Additional competencies in the creation of Functional Requirements, data mapping, data modeling, and system migrations strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of business process/lifecycle management principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- The ability to use independent judgment in identifying root cause of problems, and developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- We consider your resume as an introductory writing sample. As such we are looking for your ability to be concise and present information that is easily understood.
Indeed supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy