Business Development Representative
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Business Development team:
As a part of our Business Development team, you are the on the front line of pipeline generation. We are looking for high energy individuals who want the opportunity to be part of a competitive yet collaborative team. If you are looking to grow your sales career in a highly visible role, then this position is the right role for you.
The entry level Business Development Representative position is the perfect opportunity to start and build a career in the software sales industry. BDRs make cold calls to prospects to identify decision makers, qualify sales leads and set up appointments for Account Executives.
This position reports directly to the Team Lead, Business Development and will be located in Accruent’s Corporate Headquarters in Austin, Texas.
How you'll make a difference:
- Generate new sales opportunities via telephone prospecting.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales and outbound call quotas.
- Probe for prospect need via phone and web research.
- Set prospect appointments for Account Executives.
- Accurately document details of identified opportunities for timely follow up on leads.
- Support specific marketing programs, lead generation campaigns, and targeted sales activities.
- Strive for self-improvement and possess the curiosity to stay abreast of industry and market trends by utilizing various research organizations, sales books, and collateral.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to explain technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to prospect for new business by phone for long hours.
- Ability to build professional rapport by telephone with prospects at Executive, or C level.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to uncover opportunities via phone conversation through probing questions to create a vision for our prospect as to how they will benefit from our products and services.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes.
- An energetic and positive personality with curiosity to learn and grow.
- A passion for winning and a desire for a career in sales.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Consultative B2B sales experience
- High contact retail, restaurant or other customer service experience
- Knowledge of Integrated Workplace Management, Property Management, Lease Administration, or Project Management