Business Process Specialist
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas2M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assists in planning, executing and closing projects in a variety of operational and/or administrative situations related to specific assignments/areas.
- Develops and maintains databases to support data analysis and research findings for business projects.
- Assists in preparation of recommendations for implementation of new or revised policies, procedures, and/or process changes/improvements.
- Write reports that summarize findings, data collection techniques, implementation options, etc.
- Establishes project schedules using project planning software/tools, updates and maintains project status reports. Communicate project/process status.
- Conduct research, analyze trends, determine accuracy and relevancy of data/information, and use sounds judgment to evaluate alternatives.
- Facilitates and documents meetings, action items, and processes using flowcharting methodologies.
- Maintains positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, employees and other stakeholders to gain their cooperation and support.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised: None.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of business strategies, objectives, planning, development and management processes and process improvement
- Knowledge of research methodologies, cost/benefit analysis, statistics and financial modeling
- Knowledge of applicable City of Austin, state and federal statutes, ordinances and codes
- Knowledge of performance measures, quality improvement programs and project management methods
- Skill in oral and written communication using a variety of formats including: print communication, electronic format, presentations and telephonic
- Skill in using computers and related software applications
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular data and situations
- Ability to work independently and with teams
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus one (1) year experience related to the job.
- Experience may be substituted for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Strong business writing skills and experience writing Standard Operating Procedures/Guidelines
- Strong database experience using the City’s WEIRS, CC&B, Horizon, AMANDA or other similar permit tracking, customer and billing systems to enter, research and compile data, analyze and generate meaningful reports
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences in various formats including presentations, reports and training materials
- Experience mapping work process flows analyzing historical data, identifying trends and updating systems and procedures for continuous improvement program implementation and maintenance
- Experience in project management, organizing and facilitating cross-functional group work sessions with participants from all levels of the organization, including management, business and technical units and customers
- Experience evaluating performance measures to be sure that critical work processes are operating effectively and recommending and implementing process changes
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to travel to more than one work location, as needed