Business Process Specialist (Administrative Services)
Click here to view additional details or positions at Austin Water, or to apply for this position.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities, and more. Please click here for more information on benefits.
The Business Process Specialist will report to the Administrative Manager and oversee support activities for the division and program area. The Division includes an administrative team of 25 staff that supports approximately 800 employees.
Primary duties will include creating and leading multiple projects, assisting the Administrative Manager by creating efficient processes, conducting research and analysis, management of reports, performance metrics, and provide support for strategic initiatives for division and program area management. This will involve coordinating, implementing, and managing quality-related initiatives, validating data, performing root cause analysis for areas of opportunity, and developing reports based off performed analysis that include recommendations for management.
The Business Process Specialist will have a professional demeanor, model integrity, confidentiality, and have a strong sense of urgency. The incumbent will have excellent problem-solving skills and be comfortable taking the initiative to find answers and solutions with little guidance or direction. The successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and report writing abilities. We are seeking an experienced leader who can partner effectively at all levels of the organization. This role will work cross-functionally with multiple teams to design and improve processes, data quality, and data management.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus one (1) year experience related to the job.
Experience may be substituted for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience writing business briefs, business memos, policies, manuals, etc. that requires research, analysis, and recommendations intended for executive or management review.
- Experience creating and managing tracking systems, databases, and software and explaining trends or outliers.
- Experience developing and implementing processes to streamline projects, programs or services.
- Experience with quality management systems and quality assurance standards.
- Experience conducting statistical analysis of data sets of varying sizes and interpreting the results.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location
$26.55 – $34.52
Monday-Friday: 40 hours/week between 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
(Teleworking Schedules are available)
Waller Creek Center: 625 E. 10th Street
This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation.