Child Watch Staff - East Communities
YMCA of AustinAustin, Texas22 days ago
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As Child Watch Staff, you are responsible for supervising all aspects of the classroom programs and executing the daily curriculum. Staff will work toward providing a program to foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth. This position reports to the Program Coordinator. This is a part-time role based out of the East Communities YMCA.
What are the Perks?
- FREE membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Opportunity to enroll in 403b Savings Account
- Flexible schedules
- Work-life balance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience
What are the details?
- Greet members and their children (learn and use their names) and maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family and encourage their involvement in the program.
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving, building self-esteem, and learning how to share and properly interact with others in ways that are appropriate to the development levels of the children.
- Interact with the children in a way, which conveys respect and nurturing and supports their social and emotional development.
- Protect the health, safety, and welfare of all children in the Child Watch area.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the childcare rooms throughout the day and at the end of your shift.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You must be a minimum of 16 years old. Previous experience in a childcare setting. Experience caring for children ages 6 weeks through 12 years old. CPR and First Aid or must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive. You are organized, able to prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths.
Availability: You have a flexible schedule during operational hours.
Pay Rate: $9.50 per hour
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.