Client Relationship Coordinator
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas1M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct, one-on-one, expertise and services, ensuring commercial, industrial, and residential customers obtain and maintain efficient use of utility services.
- Manages assigned utility projects from initiation to completion. Assigns projects, sets schedules, and monitors task completion for timeliness, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Identifies, investigates, and analyzes key issues; and develops comprehensive options to resolve them.
- Initiates, authorizes, and processes billing adjustments and account corrections in accordance with established procedures.
- Audits utility accounts, researches usage, determines average consumption, verifies and calculates rates, and investigates high costs or other anomalies for possible causes and resolution.
- Extracts data from multiple database applications; creates detailed and comprehensive reports to present facts, utility usage, and cost; prepares written and oral summaries; monitors and communicates performance results.
- Partners with other City departments and staff to ensure customer utility issues are addressed and resolved.
- Participates in continuing education as it relates to customer service delivery as well as the operations of the City and/or its departments.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of the applicable principles, laws, rules, regulations, and practices of utility service operations.
- Knowledge of accounting and billing procedures.
- Knowledge of effective research and analysis methods.
- Knowledge of preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of case management principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with City employees and the public.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
- Experience providing customer service to water and/or wastewater wholesale customers or similarly regulated industry
- Experience interacting with and presenting to high-profile customers, Boards and Commissions
- Strong writing skills and experience preparing written correspondence with internal and external customers
- Experience reviewing and tracking contracts and/or contract management
- Proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and other productivity tools
- Experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Ability to travel to more than one work location