HomestayCedar Park, TXa month ago
Homestay is reinventing senior housing. We are launching a new category of housing, buying residential homes and turning them in to shared homes for 2-4 seniors to live together and share the cost of care. Homestay is venture backed by world class investors and angels. This is an opportunity to redefine an archaic cottage industry and help seniors along the way. This is the first hire at Homestay, the opportunities for growth are endless, and your role will shift as we grow. Must live in or be willing to relocate to Cedar Park / Austin TX.
About the Role
Seeking an energetic, positive, and enthusiastic Community Associate to join our team! This role on the Community team reports to the CEO. We are launching a new home in Cedar Park this May. You will be responsible for making sure the first Homestay operates smoothly: Going to the home daily for 1-3 hours, talking with the residents tidying the home, picking up groceries, making sure the residents' care plans are being followed. You will lead recurring events at the home and deliver an experience that delights our residents in our community.
- Leading up to opening, you will be responsible for helping set up home, coordinating with furniture vendor deliveries, contractors working on the home, etc.
- You will work with CEO to create checklists and procedures for some of the tasks below.
- Oversight of weekly in-unit housekeeping service at property; includes being the main point of contact for our housekeeping vendor, creating weekly schedules, and performing spot checks of each unit after it has been cleaned.
- Supply ordering and inventory management of housekeeping (cleaning supplies, linens, and paper products) and welcome gift items; includes tracking supply budgets and maintaining a "checkbook" for each property.
- Creating and performing a move-in inspection in accordance with a given checklist; ensuring all units meet Homestay's cleanliness and readiness standards.
- Acting as the liaison and main point of contact for our residents regarding homecare coordination, housekeeping issues, concerns, or comments that are reported; conducting resident follow up to ensure resolution; this includes responding to resident emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Develop relationships with members and proactively gather information on their interests to identify opportunities that could make their home life exceptional.
- Coordinate logistics for experiential, educational, health/wellness, volunteering, musical, and other personal development events. This includes vendor relations, supply procurement and deliveries across the region, event promotion, on-site and virtual hosting, delivery of the "wow" experience, posting event recaps and surveys, and data reporting.
- Monitor new move ins and connect promptly with incoming members to brief them on Homestay services.
- Liaise with families of residents who call to check on their family member. Know everyone's name, build rapport and relationships with them as well as our residents.
- Own all data tracking related to budgeting, expenses; liaise with Accounting to reconcile expenses.
- Prepare incident reports for member complaints, accidents, thefts, property damage, trespass, contact with law enforcement, and any other notable occurrences during in person events or day-to-day operations.
- An empathetic mindset and passion for seniors and customer service
- Excellent project organization and time management
- Excellent verbal communications with strong management and organizational skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Knowledge of Google Calendar and willingness to learn our CRM, Task Management Software
- Ability to bend, lift, and carry at least 20 lbs from the ground.
Homestay is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive benefits and compensation. Learn more here.
HOW TO APPLY
* Please email the founder, raffi sapire at email@example.com. Please include answers to the following:
1. Why are you interested in the role
2. Are you based in Austin/Cedar Park? Are you willing to be at our property in Cedar Park at least 4x per week?
3. Share your linkedin / resume.