Community Programs Specialist
Community Programs Specialist
Community Programs Manager (Direct Delivery)
Waco or Killeen, TX
JOB PURPOSE: The Community Programs Specialist is responsible for the delivery and support of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience for girls through community-based, school-based, and youth-centered partnerships in underrepresented communities.
- Develops and facilitates engaging, hands-on programming at assigned sites, ensuring alignment with the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and funder expectations.
- Successfully maintains relationships with community partners.
- Works cross-departmentally to guarantee the timely distribution, collection, and submission of grant documentation, reports, registration information and outcomes measurement assessments.
- Ensures all programming, events and, activities are planned and implemented to comply with outlined partnership agreements, Safety Activity Checkpoints, and GSUSA and GSCTX policies and guidelines.
- Provide curriculum that supports yearly goals and objectives in line with the Girl Scout program philosophies of GSUSA and GSCTX.
- Serves as a role model and Girl Scout representative to youth and adults.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to secure new partnerships, provide quality programming at new partner locations, and accomplish outlined goals and objectives.
- Provides quality customer service that resolves concerns by offering creative solutions in a timely manner.
- Attends all meetings and training necessary to carry out assigned duties including, but not limited to, CPR/First Aid certification and youth protection training.
- Ensures inclusiveness in membership and participation.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and professionalism when handling sensitive information.
Performs other duties or assists with other projects as assigned.
- Ability to work with youth and deliver fun, engaging activities that meet the curriculum goals.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of a variety of backgrounds to promote an environment of inclusivity and belonging.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Customer responsiveness and active listening skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to commit to Girl Scouts philosophy, both locally and nationally.
- Have and maintain a valid Texas drivers license, a safe driving record, current vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation to travel within Girl Scouts of Central Texas region.
- Annual membership in GSUSA.
- Satisfactory results from a criminal background check.
- High school diploma or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
- Experience working with youth and developing youth programming curriculum.
- Experience as a youth or volunteer within Girl Scouts.
- Experience with community development and engagement.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector or for a membership-driven organization.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Capable of lifting up to 30lbs.
- Capable of viewing computer monitors for long periods.
- Capable of sitting and performing office duties indoors and under fluorescent light for extended periods of time.
- Capable of traveling by car within council jurisdiction (primarily within McLennan, Bell, and surrounding counties)
- Continuous indoor activity and exposure to florescent light.
- Flexible work schedule including frequent evening work and weekends, as needed.
- Some outdoor activities and exposure to weather.
- Frequent work under stress and under pressure of deadlines.
Important Note: The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity. Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.