Are you interested in supporting solutions to bring the pandemic to an end?
Are you positive, energetic, and motivated to help?
Do you have a background in customer service and/or in the public health arena?
Are you ready to make a difference?
Performs customer service work for COVID-19 Vaccine Program. Work involves providing external customer service support and receiving and responding to public inquiries for information and/or state services; specifically disseminating policies and procedures; provider recruitment; provider enrollment; and maintaining the recruitment tracking systems. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Communicates with customers both verbally and in writing.
- Explains complex policies and procedures to clinic staff who participate in the COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
- Compiles data and reports as required by the Immunization Unit and the CDC.
- Compiles written reports on assessment results using Excel and Word.
- Consults and provides expert technical assistance and guidance to program staff within the DSHS central and regional offices, local health departments, other governmental agencies, community organizations, the general public, providers, payers, and other users of the Texas Immunization Registry, ImmTrac2.
- Provides support to programs and entities submitting data to the registry.
- Conducts customer and user training and education activities.
- Assists with coordination and analysis of import data processing activities.
- Monitors database for data integrity and records quality issues.
- Performs data quality assurance and testing activities.
- Performs records management and data analysis.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with data submitters.
- Provides written and verbal feedback regarding system testing results.
- Responds to customer inquiries and maintains customer accounts according to specific guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates with the public by telephone, e-mail, regular correspondence, fax, or other communication methods.
- Enters information into databases, processes letters to customers, and performs other general clerical services.
- Researches information to solve customer service problems.
- Identifies and resolves user training or quality assurance issues which may result in duplicate records or data errors.
- Implements automated processes for enhanced client record matching.
- Generates performance statistics and reports on questionable match resolution processes.
- Coordinates, directs, and implements vaccine ordering activities.
- Coordinates with regional, LHD and central office staff to ensure that vaccine orders are reviewed, approved and processed in a timely manner, following COVID-19 distribution policies and procedures.
- Performs quality assurance (QA) activities.
- Works with vaccine manufacturers, distributors and the Pharmacy to resolve vaccine delivery issues. Works with program staff to identify and resolve technical and procedural problems.
- Explains COVID-19 distribution policies and procedures to current and newly enrolled clinic sites, doctors, nurses, and the general public.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of recruitment campaigns throughout the state.
- Identifies pockets of need for recruitment in areas where vulnerable populations are underserved.
- Utilizes Excel and Access to create queries.
Experience in public health work preferred, but not required. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in social services, public health, or a related field is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skill in arithmetic, English grammar, and spelling.
- Skill in verbal and written communication; ability to communicate via telephone.
- Skills with computers (particularly MSWord and MS Excel).
- Skill in developing and maintain interpersonal working relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze research data for accuracy.
- Ability to prepare administrative reports as needed.
- Ability to explain complicated policies and procedures to healthcare providers and the general public.
Project Term: Through June 30 2021
Compensation: $18.00/hr (W2)
Work Location: North Austin, TX
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-5
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
- Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
- Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
- We pay weekly through direct deposit.
- We offer ACA compliant health insurance after 60 days.
- In business since 1994, our relationships span 25 years and thousands of job placements.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, family/parental status, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.