The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is seeking a Contract Specialist III to join the VR Contract Administration Department team. This position is located in downtown Austin, next to the Texas State Capitol at 1117 Trinity Street, Austin, TX.
The Contract Specialist III highly complex (senior-level) contract management work. Work involves developing and evaluating a broad range of contracts. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The ideal candidate will have Certification as a Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) or a Certified Texas Purchasing Manager (CTPM) or Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD); advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; proficient knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Word; knowledge of procurement, or contracting regulations, policies, and procedures; and knowledge of and skill in interpreting and applying state and federal laws and regulations relevant to the administration of federal or state funds.
- Processes agency contracts and amendments, that may include revenue-generating contracts, interagency or interlocal agreements, and non-financial agreements.
- Provides technical assistance to and oversees provider compliance with contract performance standards.
- Maintains documentation and database records for contracts.
- Performs contract planning, monitoring, and management activities.
- Serves as a liaison with program staff and assigned monitoring staff in communicating with contractors on TWC’s behalf.
- Assists with developing contract administration policies and procedures.
- Communicates with others (internally/externally) to provide, exchange or verify information, answer queries, address issues or research and resolve problems and complaints.
- Reviews, validates, and coordinates correction of information.
- Interacts routinely with regional and state office staff and the public.
- Identifies training needs for contractors and agency staff.
- Provides orientation and training to contractors and agency staff on contract compliance and contract management policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification as a CTCD or CTCM
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field relevant to the assignment is generally preferred.
- Experience working with government contracting processes, including the development of contract documents.
- Completion of two years (60 semester hours) of accredited college work, plus three years of full-time experience in contract development, management, evaluation, monitoring, or training of contract providers or customers; or in the delivery of workforce development services which included contract development, management, evaluation, monitoring, or training of contract providers or customers.
- One additional year (30 semester hours) of accredited college work may be substituted for each year of the required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
- One additional year of full-time qualifying experience may be substituted for each year (30 semester hours) of the required college.
Certification as a CTCM or CTCD is required within 6 months of employment or as soon thereafter as training is available.
Duty may require up to 25% travel (within the state of Texas) and the ability to lift 20 pounds.
The salary range for this position is $3,520.33 - $4,077.00 per month, depending on qualifications. TWC not only offers a competitive salary but the State of Texas benefits package including health insurance, a retirement plan, and a variety of leave types. Learn about TWC jobs and benefits at www.texasworkforce.org/twcjobs.
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs! Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications and skill sets. Also, you can compare this position to military occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor's Office by pasting this link into your browser: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_PropertyManagementandProcurement.pdf.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, please complete a State of Texas Application for Employment and submit via ONE of following: apply online at www.workintexas.com (Preferred Method); or fax a completed State of Texas Application to 512-463-2832; or mail a completed application to Texas Workforce Commission, Human Resources Department, Room 230, 101 East 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78778-0001.