Founded in 2014, with a base in Austin and Chicago, this award winning company has expanded from 10 to more than 1,000 employees. They have a focus on one thing: defining a new standard for experience in freight, pushing the limits of what’s possible for ourselves and our partners every day. With specialization in working with shippers and carriers, products and supplies have been relocated from one place to another on behalf of thousands of clients. Our relentless pursuit of perfection fuels our ability to optimize operations, identify efficiencies, build technology and deliver innovation. In addition to expanding its workforce, proceeds from the new investment will let our client continue to invest in its technology and create new service offerings. We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we are a “people-first” organization!
Our client is looking for dedicated, high-energy candidates to join a growing department (ON-Site) that is committed to servicing our carriers and exceeding expectations. As a Coverage Specialist, you will contribute to that commitment! After an intense 1-week paid training program, you will hit the ground running, armed with industry knowledge and a thorough understanding of carrier capacity. Once you hit the floor, you will focus on finding carriers across the nation to transport our customers’ shipments! This position offers the unique opportunity to contribute to a growing start-up and launch a career in logistics where you are not just joining a company, you are joining a TEAM!
What YOU get to go DO with this mission driven company!
- Hustle! We want reliable team members who will show up on time and get the job done.
- Get on the phone! This is a high-volume role, so be prepared for lots of outbound calls to carriers across the country.
- Take inbound calls from carriers who are interested in hauling freight.
- Secure capacity by selling shipments over the phone to carriers who meet our strict requirements.
- Problem solve through issues that occur during transit.
- Communicate internally with customer sales team and update them on the status of their customers’ shipments. You are the point of contact for all tracking updates!
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven work-ethic in a high volume setting and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal & written) and ability to learn quickly.
- An LFG attitude - once you meet us, you’ll see what we mean!
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate as you will enable service to our customers and their freight in the most cost-effective way possible.
- Available to start within the next month. We are ready to have you join our team!
What's in it for YOU?
- Great competitive hourly pay $19.00 and flexible working shifts: Monday - Friday; 7am to 4pm OR 8am to 5pm
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Mondays & Fridays! Snack and lunch options are also available daily. Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar.
- If you work hard and hit performance goals during your first 60 days in this position, your role will evolve into a full-time opportunity in sales or operations!
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX - we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown. Park your car for free on site!
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program! Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Sweat it out with local gym discounts or at the LifeStart gym in our office building that includes Peloton bikes, top-of-the-line equipment and personal training!
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program and Resource Groups.