Curriculum Assistant (Seasonal)
YMCA of AustinAustin,Texas 7870221 days ago
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well. t
Our curriculum department is looking for a seasonal employee to assist with copying, filing, and distributing supplies for our Summer Camp programs at the Extend-A-Care YMCA branch. This is a part-time, seasonal position that is anticipated to end in August.
What are the details?
- Photocopy and sort curriculum papers for distribution to all centers
- Assist curriculum coordinator as needed with clerical duties
- Monitor and evaluate curriculum and ensure that it is used appropriately in the centers.
- Align curriculum with school district TEKS objectives and provide supplemental literacy, math, and science curriculum relevant to subjects taught in the schools or requested by teachers and/or principals.
- Experiment with arts, crafts, cooking, and science projects
- Perform data entry for tracking weekly planner feedback
- Research activities for special collaborations or new directions – such as Inclusion Now, Expanded Nutrition, RunTex, etc.
- Work with Supply Center on existing curriculum inventory and donated supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Availability: You have the availability to work 20-25 hours per week (hours can be flexible between 8:30a-5:30pm).
- Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED. Pursuing a career in Child Development and has experience working in a Child Care Programming setting.
- Organized and Productive: You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them in a timely manner. You operate well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Growth Mindset: You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve
- Flexible: You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our organization and departmental goals.
- Inclusion: You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths
Pay Rate: $11.00 per hour
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.