Customer Solutions Coordinator
$25.25 – $29.94/hour depending upon qualifications.
Purpose: Under general supervision, collaborates closely with supervisory and lead staff to assure sustained focus on providing quality service to customers.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities: Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates, mediates, and negotiates with customers to resolve complex customer service issues.
- Initiates the resolution of customer service issues.
- Recommends, anticipates, resolves, and facilitates improvements to service delivery deficiencies.
- Coordinates and trains personnel in effective communication/customer service/service delivery topics.
- Provides information to citizens, individually and in groups, regarding organization, service array, operations, laws, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with department, city public information and public education staff to promote core information/issue themes on community-wide level.
- Assists in policy/procedure development and implementation processes.
- Produces memos, letters, reports, other written material, or audio/visual material.
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised: None.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, procedure, statutes, and ordinances.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required: None.
- Experience resolving high-profile customer complaints in a field related to construction, maintenance, or operations
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong business writing skills
- Experience working cross-departmentally to include communicating throughout all levels of an organization
- Experience using data and data analysis
- Experience developing and delivering training materials to diverse audiences
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft SharePoint and Outlook
- Ability to travel to more than one work location