Customer Solutions Coordinator
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas7 days ago
The person in this position will be responsible for responding to Public Information Requests and Citizen Action Forms which includes researching information and determining the most appropriate solution or response to the request. This position will also provide training to AW Dispatchers and administrative staff. This position requires strong business writing skills and the ability to clearly communicate at all levels of the organization.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates, mediates, and negotiates with customers to resolve complex customer service issues.
- Initiates the resolution of customer service issues.
- Recommends, anticipates, resolves, and facilitates improvements to service delivery deficiencies.
- Coordinates and trains personnel in effective communication/customer service/service delivery topics.
- Provides information to citizens, individually and in groups, regarding organization, service array, operations, laws, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with department, city public information and public education staff to promote core information/issue themes on community-wide level.
- Assists in policy/procedure development and implementation processes.
- Produces memos, letters, reports, other written material, or audio/visual material.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, procedure, statutes, and ordinances.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience resolving high-profile customer complaints in a field related to construction, maintenance, or operations
- Strong business writing skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Sharepoint and Outlook
- Experience working cross-departmentally to include communicating throughout all levels of an organization
- Experience using data and data analysis
- Experience developing and delivering training materials to diverse audiences
- Ability to travel to more than one work location