Cybersecurity Analyst II (Direct Hire)
Peak PerformersAustin, TX17 days ago
Are you a cybersecurity professional looking at roles in Austin?
Peak Performers is assisting a local customer in recruiting for a full time, direct hire position.
Candidate must have six or more years experience working in cybersecurity and our ideal candidate has a CISSP or GIAC certificate.
Cybersecurity Analyst II
At an intermediate level, maintains and operates a variety of security measures and software that perform cybersecurity functions such as access control, monitoring or vulnerability assessment. Provides support to the end-user community and ensures they have up-to-date protection from malicious software and other cyber threats. Tests and recommends security measures to remediate and mitigate risk. Provides reports and other information related to cybersecurity issues as requested by management and other groups. Performs evaluation and analysis of security applications and systems and makes recommendations to management. This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher level knowledge and skills. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues.
- Participates in risk assessments and recommends security measures.
- Monitors security systems for possible intrusion.
- Interacts with end users concerning malware, spam, vulnerabilities and any other cybersecurity issues.
- Reviews and creates audit reports on user and system activities.
- Reviews system generated logs for anomalies and takes appropriate actions.
- Actively probes the network for new threats and risks.
- Documents, deploys, reviews and maintains cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Monitors security alerts on internet and other intelligence feeds and determines whether reported threats could impact the client's technology or operational systems.
- Implements and administers technical security systems including SIEM, VAT, network IDS, antivirus, web and email filters, and firewalls.
- Implements and ensures technical security compliance solutions for NERC, PCI, FBI CJIS, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs cybersecurity incident response activities.
- Documents and maintains objective evidence to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance.
- Provides technical consulting to other groups on security requirements. Implements and ensures technical security compliance solutions for NERC, PCI, FBI CJIS and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small team to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
- For incumbents performing as a Cyber Security Coordinator (CSC) – A CSC is responsible for the following: Works with the NERC Compliance Department and Cybersecurity Department to ensure that the necessary processes and procedures applicable to each NERC CIP system are developed and implemented within their respective group; reviews projects relating to the NERC CIP systems which may have a regulatory impact, and makes sure the drawings and documents for that system are updated and stored as required; coordinates NERC compliance implementation, communication, and ensures that users of the respective systems have the necessary training; continually monitors implementation efforts and reporting potential violations to the NERC Compliance Manager and respective management; communicates with the Cybersecurity Manager concerning cybersecurity concerns or actual incidents; and maintains documentation of objective evidence, including Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets (RSAWs) to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance
Six or more years of experience in cybersecurity. A degree(s) in information technology, computer science or relevant field may be substituted per the client's guidelines for certain years of experience. Driver’s license
CISSP, GIAC or similar certification
CISSP, GIAC or similar certification
Position Type: Full time Direct Hire
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Work Location: Austin
Work Schedule: Full-time; estimated to be approximately 40 hours per week, but is not limited to 40 hours per week.
Our Client Offers:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers and its clients are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, family/parental status, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.