Cybersecurity Analyst Senior (Direct Hire)
Peak PerformersAustin, TX17 days ago
Are you a senior cybersecurity professional looking at roles in Austin?
Peak Performers is assisting a local customer in recruiting for a full time, direct hire position.
Candidate must have nine or more years experience working in cybersecurity and our ideal candidate has a CISSP or GIAC certificate.
Cybersecurity Analyst Sr.
A Cybersecurity Analyst Sr. is responsible for performing daily SOC operational tasks such as
- Reviewing daily security alerts and reports, performing investigations, providing documentation, and assisting with remediation activities.
- Assists with implementing the global strategic vision, and execution of all technical aspects of client's CyberSecurity program.
- Select, test and deploy information systems security controls
- Monitors industry information technology and security trends, threats, and regulatory trends to identify strategy-impacting affects to stakeholder operations and interests.
- Deployment, operation and maintenance of systems consisting of Perimeter Security, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) / Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Endpoint Security, Anti-Virus/Malware, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), and Continuous Monitoring of Infrastructure, and eDiscovery platforms
- Provide subject matter expertise on relevant issues to Information Security leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs risk assessments and recommends security measures.
- Monitors security systems for possible intrusion.
- Interacts with end users concerning malware, spam, vulnerabilities and any other cybersecurity issues.
- Reviews and creates audit reports on user and system activities.
- Reviews system generated logs for anomalies and takes appropriate actions.
- Actively probes the network for new threats and risks.
- Documents, deploys, reviews and maintains cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Plans and implements cybersecurity technology projects.
- Provides business continuity/disaster recovery and risk analysis expertise.
- Monitors security alerts on internet and other intelligence feeds and determines whether reported threats could impact client's information technology or operational technology systems.
- Provides technical consulting to other groups on cybersecurity requirements.
- Implements and ensures technical security systems including SIEM, VAT, network IDS, antivirus, web and email filters and firewalls.
- Implements and ensures technical security compliance solutions for NERC, PCI, FBI CJIS, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs cybersecurity incident response activities.
- Documents and maintains objective evidence to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance.
- Creates and delivers security training materials and classes for asset owners, software developers and system administrators.
- Provides oversight regarding compliance with security regulations, standards and laws.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small team to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
- For incumbents performing as a Cyber Security Coordinator (CSC) – A CSC is responsible for the following:
- Works with the NERC Compliance Department and Cybersecurity Department to ensure that the necessary processes and procedures applicable to each NERC CIP system are developed and implemented within their respective group; reviews projects relating to the NERC CIP systems which may have a regulatory impact, and makes sure the drawings and documents for that system are updated and stored as required; coordinates NERC compliance implementation, communication, and ensures that users of the respective systems have the necessary training; continually monitors implementation efforts and reporting potential violations to the NERC Compliance Manager and respective management; communicates with the Cybersecurity Manager concerning cybersecurity concerns or actual incidents; and maintains documentation of objective evidence, including Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets (RSAWs) to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance.
Nine or more years of experience in cybersecurity. A degree(s) in information technology, computer science or relevant field may be substituted per client's guidelines for certain years of experience. Driver’s license
CISSP, GIAC or similar certification
Position Type: Full time Direct Hire
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Work Location: Austin
Work Schedule: Full-time; estimated to be approximately 40 hours per week, but is not limited to 40 hours per week.
Our Client Offers:
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- 401(k) match up to 8%
- Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development program
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers and its clients are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, family/parental status, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.