Dance Instructor - Springs
YMCA of AustinDripping Springs, Texas15 days ago
Share your passion for dance and help youth unleash their creativity! Join our dynamic team of changemakers and become a Dance Instructor!
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen the community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
What are the Perks?
- FREE membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Opportunity to enroll in 403b Savings Account
- Flexible schedules
- Work-life balance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience
What are the details?
- You render first aid as needed and complete the required incident and accident paperwork.
- You set-up and take-down of dance equipment as needed for classes.
- You ensure that the dance studio is not left unattended.
- You conduct warm-up as assigned by the supervisor.
- You monitor the appropriate placement of dancers within classes and conduct evaluations of students and/or potential students.
- You communicate with the parents of students as needed.
- You maintain necessary records to track attendance in classes.
- You maintain music and choreograph dance routines.
- You plan and participate in the annual spring performance.
- You completed other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 16 years old and have a basic knowledge of various dance, ballet, and jazz styles. Instructor experience preferred. You have current CPR and First Aid certifications preferred or must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive. You are organized, able to prioritize tasks, and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths.
- Availability: You have a flexible schedule during operational hours.
Pay Rate: $9.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on experience.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.