Data Analyst VI
Peak PerformersAustin, TX1Y ago
Peak Performers is a nonprofit recruiting firm specializing in contract roles for Texas public sector clients. We've partnered with the Health and Human Services Commision (HHSC) to recruit for a Healthcare Data Analyst - Federal Programs in Austin, TX.
Always at the ready, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is responsible for providing millions of Texans with services ranging from Medicaid for children to SNAP food benefits to behavioral health services every year. HHSC does substantial work in accommodating the long-term needs of older Texans by ensuring the safety and dignity of people who live in nursing homes or assisted living facilities, finding independent housing and jobs for Texans with disabilities, and leading medical research projects on infectious diseases. HHSC works to make all Texans safer.
Performs advanced data analysis and data research work for the Data and Technology Division of the Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG). Work involves conducting detailed analysis of and extensive research on Medicaid and other healthcare related data, providing results, and providing feedback and recommendations regarding data quality.
- Consult with OIG staff to identify areas of review or focus for analysis
- Utilize Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) programs and other tools to query, compile and analyze healthcare data
- Utilize standard statistical tools, methods and techniques to develop data models, algorithms and other analytic processes to detect patterns and trends for use in identifying indicators of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Identify data gaps, errors, anomalies, inconsistencies, and redundancies by analyzing the content, structure, and relationships within data.
- Prepare concise, comprehensive technical reports to present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and make and justify recommendations on data revisions.
- Develop software applications or programming to use for statistical modeling and graphic analysis of healthcare data, to detect indicators of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Develop custom algorithms, predictive and/ or prescriptive statistical data models to detect indicators of fraud, waste and abuse
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analyses and documenting the data sources, methodologies, analysis techniques and SAS and/or SQL code used to compile results.
- Undertake complex data integration activities.
- Experience in healthcare data analysis, research, compilation, and/or reporting work to detect indicators of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in data science, business analytics, computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, accounting, finance, mathematics, statistics, economics.
- Experience using Tableau and SAS software products such as Base SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Data Miner is required
- 3+ years of experience of data analysis including descriptive and diagnostic analysis with strong working knowledge of SQL within complex data models and processes
- 2+ years of experience communicating data insights to stakeholders with data visualization tools
- 3+ Experience using statistical computer languages to build efficient healthcare data models
- Knowledge of statistics and analyzing data sets; of running queries, report writing, and presenting findings; of data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques; and of record keeping, including security procedures for handling, protecting and distribution confidential data.
- Knowledge of Federal healthcare programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, medical claims coding, and healthcare payment models.
- Skill in the use of computers and applicable software, in analyzing problems and devising effective solutions, in conducting data searches, in evaluating and translating large amounts of data, and in critical thinking.
- Skill in advanced analytics using statistical languages; R, Python, SAS or similar
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, optimization, clustering, decision trees, random forests, etc.).
- Ability to compile, review, and analyze data; to prepare reports; to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
You may also have:
- Master’s Degree with focus in the areas of statistics, mathematics, or data analytics is preferred.
- Certifications in Tableau and SAS software products such as Base SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Data Miner is required.
Project term: 5 months
Compensation: $70.00/hr (W2)
Work Location: 11501 Burnet Road Austin TX
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
- Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
- Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
- We pay weekly through direct deposit.
- We offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days.
- In business since 1994, our relationships span 24 years and thousands of job placements.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.