Deployment Automation Developer
Q2Austin, TX2M ago
Q2 is seeking an ambitious and adaptable Deployment Automation Developer experienced in the automation of deployment in a small team setting. As part of our Technology Delivery group based in Austin, TX, you will be primarily working to automate deployment to help accomplish our plan for the strategic transformation of existing software deployments into a more scalable and manageable pattern. This role is perfect for someone who likes to solve problems and wants to have a large impact on an organization.
- Automate deployment tasks for the Continuous Deliver team using Ansible
- Develop new features in existing back-end tools designed to analyze and transform source code and Windows- and Linux-based software deployments into new patterns within source control and orchestration systems.
- Integrate tools/features into workflows using Jenkins.
- Work mainly independently on deliverables within a cross-discipline working team that provides guidance and helps determine needs.
- Exercise industry best practices around developing secure applications.
- Proactively and creatively work through obstacles while seeking guidance from senior teammates and keeping teammates and management aware and informed of design choices and external dependencies.
- Follow team conventions for the software development life-cycle, including participation in team meetings, case management, and source control workflow.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 3 – 5 years of deployment automation experience desired in a mixed-OS environment (Windows and Linux operating in VMs and containers)
- Proficiency in Ansible required
- Experience with Ansible Tower preferred
- Experience developing command-line tools preferred
- Experience configuring Jenkins jobs preferred
- Experience with Docker and Nomad preferred
- Proficiency with Python useful
- Capability to enforce good design while exercising pragmatism required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle preferred