Director of System Services
Texas Health and Human Services CommissionAustin, TX16 days ago
The Director of the Health & Human Services Commission (HHSC) Information Technology (IT) System Services Division is selected by and accountable to the HHSC Director of IT Infrastructure Services (ITIS). This position performs advanced, senior-level managerial work providing direction and guidance in strategic operations and planning. Work involves establishing divisional strategic objectives, goals and plans; developing policies; reviewing guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining progress in meeting goals; coordinating and evaluating the Division's activities; along with reviewing, approving, and managing budgets and contracts. The position is responsible for delivering prompt, responsive, efficient, and customer-oriented support services to 50,000 HHS System end users. Services within the scope of the Director's responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• O365 services
• Identity & Access Management services
• Active Directory services
• Data & File Management services
This position works under limited direction with extensive latitude for the exercise of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
Directs, manages and oversees the HHSC IT System Services Division by establishing and implementing short and long-term strategies to accomplish HHSC vision, goals and objectives to deliver in-scope IT services to business partners within reasonable schedules, budgets, and quality objectives. Ensures that all infrastructure and networks operate according to identified standards, regulatory agencies’ requirements, and legal requirements. In-scope services include but are not limited to O365 services, identity & access management services, active directory services, data and file management services.
Interfaces with other HHSC departments to ensure the proper operation of in-scope system services; coordinate to provide support and ensure appropriate joint operations with other HHS agencies, managed services vendors, and service providers; work with program and divisional personnel, management, and IT points of contact to provide excellent customer service.
Advises HHSC executive management on HHSC IT System Services Division initiatives in support of business goals and objectives and oversees ongoing improvements and system enhancements within the division.
Collaborates with HHSC IT Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Project Management Office (PMO) offices to define and implement HHSIT strategic roadmaps.
Selects, trains, develops and mentors direct reports to improve organizational effectiveness. Manages departmental budget and contracts in an efficient manner ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are followed.
Formulates, monitors and reports on HHSC IT System Services service levels, metrics, staffing, and funding requirements for both state staff and vendors.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of information technology operations, including networking and application access provisioning, active directory, data and file management and network and telecommunications environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Service Management Processes.
- Knowledge of State of Texas procurement practices and DIR contracts.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills required for a complex and sophisticated technical workforce.
- Ability to direct and organize information technology activities.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Superior mentoring and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skill in representing the HHSC IT organization with internal and external entities.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
- Certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is required within 6 months of hire date.
- Certified Texas Contract Management certification required within one year of hire date.
Initial Selection Criteria:
- 10 years’ experience managing a large IT team Preferred
- 5 years’ experience with managing IT infrastructure
- 5 years’ experience with managing large IT budgets