Under general direction of a Professional Engineer, use engineering knowledge to perform routine engineering projects/assignments requiring limited judgment within the defined methods, procedures, and practices for the application of standards and criteria necessary to fulfill the experience requirement for pursuant of a licensure as a professional engineer. This position will be responsible for evaluating the impact of future development on the water and wastewater systems of the City of Kyle.
The individual selected should have a demonstrated knowledge of fluid hydraulics, pumping and treatment processes as they relate to water and wastewater system analysis. Minimum qualifications should include Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering or in a field related to the job and or experience in a related field to substitute for education up to four (4) years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using GIS and the existing City models (SewerGems and WaterGems) assist in updating, mapping, planning, analyzing and prioritizing water and wastewater-related infrastructure projects.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of design, drawings, diagrams, charts, database plans and permits under the supervision of a professional engineer. Development of proposals for impacts and performing preliminary and final designs and/or prepares design criteria for assigned projects.
- Assists in the preparation of standards, equipment specifications, design procedures, and test procedures as it relates to the standardization and engineering policies and practices. Reviews and provides assistance in the evaluation and recommendation for job safety procedures.
- Coordinates and provides a variety of technical information under the guidance of a professional engineer to customers by contacts with personnel to include inter and intra-departmental administrative, engineering and construction personnel, other government agencies, contractors, consultants and the public to exchange information, coordinate work, answer questions and respond to complaints.
- Use computerized software programs, ink or pencil drafting to prepare drawings and maps to provide technical advice and guidance to assigned work or projects. Develop, analyze, and generate technical reports, correspondence, and official documents.
- Assist in the preparation of preliminary, periodic, and final estimates of quantities, materials, equipment, labor, and facilities in the preparation of budgets, programs, schedules, partial and final contract payments, and other purposes for various projects.
- Conduct field inspections of work done by contractors to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Draft and recommend contract change orders and payments for approval.
- Perform statistical analysis to ensure specifications are within established guidelines.
- Maintains and updates files and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.