Enterprise Strategic Planning Manager
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas9 days ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the development of the strategic planning functions. Leads the oversight and accountability for implementation of the strategic plan.
- Collaborates with management and stakeholders to integrate the strategic plan with key performance indicators.
- Collaborates with employees and stakeholders to implement industry best practice frameworks and strategic initiatives identified by executive management.
- Develops and implements a process for measuring and tracking plan results. Integrates the objectives and activities of business units and functions to achieve organizational goals.
- Establishes organizational goals, objectives, and strategies; and develops supporting action plans and key performance indicators to track progress.
- Facilitates strategic planning retreats with executive staff and other stakeholders. Cultivates, fosters, and maintains positive working relationships with other City Departments, stakeholders, community and business groups, and other stakeholders to gain their cooperation and support to further interests and objectives.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends emerging industry trends and industry best practices to management.
- Conducts organizational reviews, communicates results to top management, and develops strategies for corrective actions. Communicates project status to sponsors, stakeholders, and department’s staff.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for discharge.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of project development, scheduling, and/or monitoring.
- Knowledge of performance standards and measures; quality assurance procedures, programs, and analysis; and statistical analysis and principles.
- Knowledge of leadership, supervisory, and managerial techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of business strategies, objectives, planning, development, and management processes; and process improvement.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, Local, and City of Austin statutes, ordinances, and codes.
- Knowledge of research methodologies, cost/benefit analysis, and financial models.
- Skill in handling conflict resolution.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications and presentations.
- Skill in providing internal and external consulting services.
- Skill in project management methods.
- Skill in utilizing interpersonal skills for engaging all stakeholders and facilitating meetings with different/various groups.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply detailed and complex information.
- Ability to manage implementation of recommendations.
- Ability to lead and manage a multi-discipline workforce.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and present plans and proposals.
- Ability to gather, compile, and interpret industry data or trends.
- Ability to effectively direct, plan, and set priorities; and assign work to staff and/or others to include management of multiple projects, programs, tasks, resources, and timelines.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework related to the position, plus five (5) years of professional-level work experience in a related field, including two (2) years of experience in a lead or supervisory or managerial capacity.
- Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university or a professional certification or license in a related field or discipline may substitute for two (2) years of the required non-management work experience.
- Experience leading strategic planning initiatives and programs for a utility, municipality or similarly regulated entity
- Experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives and industry best practice frameworks
- Experience developing key performance indicators and implementing a benchmarking program
- Experience facilitating cross-functional workshops and process improvement activities
- Relevant strategic planning or continuous improvement certifications (for example, Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma) or training (for example, Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence, ISO 9001, Total Quality Management)
- Ability to travel to more than one work location