Financial Analyst IV
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas4M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Develops and prepares reports, analyses, and models used in revenue and economic forecasts and budgets.
- Develops and completes cost of service rate and structure recommendations, rate studies, and methodology analysis to comply with State regulatory requirements using multiple variables.
- Primarily responsible for developing the operating or CIP budget for the department. Performs budget analysis by implementing the organization’s budget process system, providing guidance and recommendations to management in the development and completion of their budgets; finalizing the organizations budget; and monitoring the budget by preparing or reviewing current year estimates and budget variance reports, reporting on budget variances; reviewing budget forecasts; and reviewing current and historical budget information and data.
- Prepares complex financial analysis, periodic and ad-hoc reports by researching, financial benchmark reporting, compiling, monitoring, and summarizing current and historical financial information and data, reporting on variances and trends, and compiling financial information from various financial systems.
- Develops and prepares reports, analyses, and models to analyze debt issuances, bond issuance timing, Official Statement updates, calculate debt service requirements, equity financing ratios, cash reserve requirements, revenue bond debt refunding, rating agency presentations and other debt related requirements. Performs debt administration, impact analysis and monitors debt service schedules.
- Provides financial support and monitors CIP projects. Processes and tracks task orders and other project requirements in eCAPRIS and other financial systems.
- Develop and maintain complex databases to conduct comprehensive financial and technical analysis, and develop models and reports in Business Intelligence system to support and monitor performance and financial benchmarks.
- Develop complex reports and documentation in compliance with local, State and Federal regulatory requirements. Conduct cost analysis, financial and performance benchmarking with other entities and assist in development of expert testimony.
- Assists departments and other customers by providing procedural and financial information and guidance with financial systems.
- Researches and provides information requested by City Council, City management, boards and commissions, vendors, the public, regulatory agencies and other City offices.
- Monitors state and federal regulatory processes and provides guidance to the department regarding the financial impact of new and/or proposed legislation, regulations and standards.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May be responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to Finance, Accounting, or Economics plus five (5) years’ experience in a related field.
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Public Administration or other relevant field may be substituted for 2 years’ experience.
- A five (5) year accounting (MAcy) degree or CPA designation may be substituted for 1 years’ experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience in utility rate development, cost of service rate determination, rate structures and design, or related rate experience for a utility, governmental entity, or other similarly regulated entity
- Experience developing, analyzing, and writing financial reports
- Financial forecasting experience to include revenue or expenses, trend analysis, customer demand analysis, revenue and expense reporting or other forecasting and analysis experience for a utility, government agency or other similarly regulated entity
- Experience providing leadership and peer review of work
- Experience developing/implementing financial-related processes and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2016, specifically Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Access
- Ability to travel to more than one work location