Financial Analyst IV (Rates Section)
Click here to view additional details or positions at Austin Water, or to apply for this position.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities, and more. Please click here for more information on benefits.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to Finance, Accounting, or Economics plus five (5) years’ experience in a related field.
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Public Administration or other relevant field may be substituted for 2 years’ experience.
- A five (5) year accounting (MAcy) degree or CPA designation may be substituted for 1 years’ experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience in rate setting, budget development, monitoring, financial forecasting, forecasting revenue or expenses, trend analysis, customer demand analysis, cost accounting, revenue and expense reporting or other forecasting and analysis experience for a utility, governmental entity, or other similarly regulated entity
- Financial management, accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, or related financial experience for a utility, governmental entity, or other similarly regulated entity
- Experience providing leadership and peer review of work, fostering positive team-building and skill-set growth, leading, developing and implementing financial-related processes and procedures in a public utility or similarly regulated entity to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Experience with related financial modeling and business intelligence programs (i.e., the City’s AIMS, e-Capris e-Combs and MicroStrategy or DXR)
$33.52 – $43.58
Monday-Friday: 40 hours/week between 6:30 AM – 6:00 PM
(Teleworking and Alternative Work Schedules are available)
Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th St., Austin, 78701
Notes to Applicant:
When completing a City of Austin employment application:
- Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- A detailed, complete employment application is required. It helps us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Be sure to provide job titles and employment dates for all jobs you wish to be considered.
- A resume is required, but will not substitute for a complete employment application. Please include contact information from previous employers.
- A cover letter is also required. In the cover letter candidates should describe, in concise detail, their interest in this position and highlight any prior experience that is relevant to this position.
If you are selected to interview: Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job will be assessed through computer-based skills testing.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution and proof of your professional licenses or certifications.
- If you are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
Effective October 1, 2014, all Austin Water worksite locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any AW worksite – including construction sites, parking lots, garages or in any personal vehicle located on the premises.