How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The YMCA of Austin is a social enterprise focused on providing innovative approaches to empowering youth and families, improving quality of life and health for all, and leading social responsibility. The Y is recovering from the pandemic stronger and ready to adapt to change and growth.
We're looking to hire multiple Fitness Directors to help further our mission and better serve the Austin Community.
As a Fitness (Health & Wellness) Director, you will play a critical role in ensuring the staff is successful in delivering a high-quality program and class experience to all members by coaching and providing ongoing training. You will manage, develop and implement strategies to successfully meet department targets with regards to revenue generation as well as promote the health and wellness benefits. The position reports to Executive staff.
Salary: $42,000 - $47,000 per year, depending on experience. Full benefits package including dental, vision, health insurance, and employer-matched retirement plan upon reaching eligibility.
What are the details?
Y Experience Leadership & Results (75%)
Performance Achievement & Results
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA's five core values, Y Voice, and DEI (described above) into all of our work.
- Serve as an exempt staff member to the YMCA of Austin, performing duties as assigned by Executive and President/CEO of the YMCA.
- Actively and enthusiastically support the Center and Association goals through effective completion of tasks and verbal display to peers, staff, members, and guests.
- Ensure all fitness staff is certified in the area of instruction and manage certification records.
- Oversee timely communication with staff and participants.
- Hire, train and manage a team of personal trainers, coaches, and instructors.
- Oversee personal training and group sessions with members.
- Create, implement and oversee all health and wellness programs with goals and objectives including but not limited to member retention, program, membership growth, and revenue.
- Enhance member relations and retention by developing and implementing innovative programs
- Oversee analysis of member feedback, program feedback, and instructor feedback tools
- Oversee coordination of registration and participation in programs
- Stay updated on current training ideas and philosophies.
- Audit programs regularly and provide feedback to ensure that customer service standards are met.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of administrative duties.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a professional, friendly, and timely manner
- Complete all duties as assigned.
- Manages the fitness budget to reach monthly revenue goals by building and implementing strategies to meet or exceed program participation. Ensuring we are providing an excellent program experience with a highly trained training team of fitness staff and instructors.
- Manages fitness staff staffing hours
- Assist Executive in developing strong relationships with donors and co-lead the internal portion of the Annual Campaign fundraiser
Marketing & Community Y Brand (25%)
- Build personal and meaningful relationships with the wider community to advance the Y Mission
- Cultivate collaboration with other mission-based organizations
- Represent the Y vision and voice in the wider community
- Implement association strategies for promotions and initiatives designed to grow membership
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Major course work in non-profit, public policy, social work, public health, or related field preferred.
- Experience- Five or more years direct experience managing staff, minimum of 3 years in a fitness industry
- Extensive fundraising experience and knowledge of donor stewardship programs
- Excellent attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated
- Experience in organizational branding and visual communications
- Ability to understand and execute complex organizational processes and ensure all steps are being completed
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.