Fleet Program Coordinator
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas1M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates program information to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates division/section activities.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of program budgets.
- Assists in the development of short/long range plans.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures.
- Determine program methodology.
- Develops program schedule and define program milestones.
- Ensures timely completion and meet deadlines of program.
- Communicates program status, issues, and/or concerns with Fleet management and team members.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to City management, field personnel, contractors, etc.
- 11. Provides quality assurance review to program deliverables.
- 12 .Prepares and deliver presentations related to program.
- 13. Reviews and/or selects vendors and monitor contract compliance
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others. May be responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of fleet operations is necessary, especially quality control methods, job standards, processing of work orders, pricing, labor hours, and equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Possess an ability to provide hands-on training to personnel.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Ability to interact with tact and courtesy and maintain a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus five (5) years of experience related to the operational, financial or administrative program supporting of which two (2) years which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Licenses or Certifications:
Most essential duties are performed in an office environment with some interactions at Fleet’s Service Centers with exposure to a variety of motorized equipment, components, parts, tires, tools, oils and lubricants, corrosive liquids, and other potentially hazardous materials.
May be exposed to loud noise, hot and cold conditions, and occasional stooping and bending.
- Experience planning, coordinating, maintaining and implementing fleet services, activities, and programs for vehicles, large machinery and equipment, and managing fleet pool and fuel programs
- Experience in training and facilitating meetings with participants from various work groups or teams at various locations
- Experience performing research, maintaining complex databases, data mining, and conducting quantitative/qualitative analysis for connecting information to fleet solutions, as well as experience evaluating issues and performance measures to ensure efficient operations and recommending and implementing changes
- Experience with fleet specific software such as Fleet Management/Transportation/Logistics software, and with MicroStrategy or other similar platforms for interactive dashboards, reports, and/or query capabilities
- Experience with compiling information for the formation of budget estimates and forecasts
- Experience assisting in emergency situations and performing on an emergency logistics team
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, specifically in environmental and safety laws and regulations
- Ability to exercise good judgment, and to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Fleet certification, such as CAFM (Certified Automotive Fleet Manager), CAFS (Certified Automotive Fleet Specialist), NATMI Certification (North American Transportation Management Institute), or ARN Fleet Certification (Automotive Resource Network)
- Ability to travel to more than one work location