POSITION: Quality Assurance Manager
REPORT TO: Operation Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food Safety and Quality
At Cece’s Veggie Co., we believe in simple nutrition. Cece’s is your personal sous chef, prepping 100% organic spiralized noodles, riced veggies and meal kits that go from pan to table in 8 minutes or less. Cece’s veggies can be enjoyed raw, sautéed as a grain alternative, and in salads, soups and more! Add a fresh twist to breakfast, lunch or dinner with all the taste and texture of your favorite grain-based recipes for a fraction of the carbs and calories.
Cece’s veggies are responsibly sourced, USDA certified organic and gluten free, vegan and paleo friendly with no added preservatives, sugars or salts. With Cece’s Veggie Co., your daily dose of veggies is just a twirl away. Less prep work. Less clean up. More veggies. More fun. Cece’s Veggie Co.
Simple But Twisted.®
Responsible for leading the quality assurance program, including working with customers, suppliers, and other team members. In-charge of auditing of Quality systems such as Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Food Safety Plan, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Quality Department. Responsible for communication of food quality standards through training, reinforcement, quality control and auditing, production and facility monitoring.
- Oversees and manages Food Quality Plans and functions including policies and procedures
- Serves as SQF Practitioner and Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
- Verifies and validates Food Safety Prerequisite programs; utilizes data for troubleshooting or continuous quality improvement where appropriate
- Manages Food Quality Plan and associated policies and procedures.
- Monitors, supports and enforces overall quality & food safety processes, procedures, and customer specific standards
- Conducts monthly GMP Inspections and ensures that all GMP and Quality standards are in compliance
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives; aligns and coordinates objectives with Food Safety and Production; partner with Operations Director and other managers/supervisors to maximize food safety and product quality
- Coaches and develops team members to become technical resources for facilitating issue resolution on the production floor. Develops technicians and supervisors in auditing of production team members performing quality processes
- Responds, investigates and tracks customer complaints; partner with other business owners to resolve emerging issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Food Science and/or other related discipline plus 3 or more years of food manufacturing industry experience
- Experience with PRIMUS, SQF or similar GFSI audits
- PCQI Certified
- SQF Practitioner Certified preferred
- Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, cGMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control & Recall programs) and Laboratory Procedures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of FDA, NOP standards and FSMA Regulations, statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools, and quality management principles in a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to formulate and understand mathematical equations, especially basic statistical analysis
- Ability to function in cold (35°F) and wet environment
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, carry and lift items weighing up to 45 pounds