Fulfillment: Associate Level I
Pay Range: $15.00-$18.00 hourly
Join a high volume, tech-savvy print shop as we continue to set the standard for a Progressive, Customer-Focused, and -- most importantly -- employee-friendly journey.
Bumperactive.com Custom Stickers + Tees is hiring an experienced, hard-working Fulfilment Associate for our team! We are hiring a full-time team member to join our team, fulfilling orders of apparel, signs, and assorted merch for campaigns, other clients and our new Retail Storefront.
Bumperactive is a Progressive and Union (Communications Workers of America Local #6132) print shop in North Austin. While we are a full-service retail printer for anyone who needs top-quality custom stickers, tees, signs and other promotional products, our specialty is printing for Progressive candidates, causes and organizations. In addition to printing for numerous progressive political causes, we also serve Austin's vibrant community of bands, artists and local businesses.
This is an entry-level position, requiring little to no experience in processing and fulfilling client or customer orders. Including but not limited to, running, packaging, checking in and shipping.
Employees will be trained on Bumperactive procedures and in house computer software, as well as our shipping platforms and protocols. This is a fast paced work environment which requires constant attention to detail. Production departments bring in the many different components that can make up an order and then each item needs to be not only checked into the Bin Assignment system, but checked for quality and correctness. Due to the nature of the work we do here, the work procedures and even standard operating procedures can change very quickly and employees need to have the capacity to understand and follow through with these changes.
Essential functions/Daily Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
● Basic ability to pay attention to detail, during every step of the process of fulfilling an order.
● Ability to continually check work for discrepancies or errors
● Basic ability to understand and usage of the Bumperactive BAS system, i.e.: running, packaging, checking in and shipping.
● Ability and willingness to try to correct bad addresses
● Able to understand basic necessary functions in Ordoro and Franklin
● Ability to create, split, and bulk print orders, and by selecting specific sku’s, locate products in the warehouse using Ordoro
● Basic level of understanding and usage of Zebra printers
● Basic level of understanding and usage of the Formax Folder Inserter
● Willingness and ability to help count inventory and enter it into the spreadsheet
● Consistently be on time, work at appropriate speeds
● Complete daily expectations of cleaning/recycling/taking mail out/shutting down computers every day.
● Counts, measures, and weighs materials and products.
● Removes defective products or materials, placing them in specified areas for handling.
● Ability to put together and take apart gladiator shelves, assembly of different size boxes and put together orders in the correct packing material
● Ability to use box cutter, scissors, tape
● Examines containers, products, and materials for quality control and ensures packing requirements are met.
● Seals containers or materials using hand tools, fasteners, nails, or glue.
● Marks and labels containers, container tags, labels, or products.
● Enters packing, order, and product information in or on required forms, records, or other documents.
● Put orders in the mail carts and roll them out to the loading dock
● Transports packages to loading areas, or other specified zones.
● Ability to work well with other teammates and coworkers.
● Willingness to help out as needed in other departments.
● Operate, maintain, clean and organize work stations and department areas.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
● Some working knowledge of computers and printers.
● Ability to multitask.
● Verbal Communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
● Ability to follow instructions.
● Organizational skills and high attention to detail.
● Ability to operate or to quickly learn Company specific related software.
● Time Management
● Intermediate language skills
● Basic mathematical skills
● Intermediate reasoning ability
● Ability to see color and judge color values
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Primarily Indoors (air-conditioned environment), frequent non air-conditioned environment in warehouse and print shop when traveling between departments and while assisting others.
● Working near moving mechanical parts
● Moderate to loud noise level (printing equipment, light traffic)
● Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs frequently.
● Standing for long periods of time
● Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
● Repeating motions and tasks that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers on a daily basis.
● Must be able to lift, pull, push, and carry objects
● Using equipment such as dolly’s and rolling bins to transport materials
● Able to bend, stoop, crouch, crawl or kneel frequently.
● Minimal- less than 5%
Required education and experience
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Bumperactive provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice .
COVID-19 considerations: Bumperactive follows all CDC and City of Austin guidelines in response to Covid-19.