Heating & Refrigeration Mechanic Supervisor
City of Austin WaterAustin2M ago
The Heating & Refrigeration Mechanic Supervisor will have supervisory authority over a team of 2 – 10 staff members who are responsible for overseeing the HVAC needs for all of Austin Water’s facilities (approximately 15 locations). The person in this position will be responsible for managing the HVAC budget as well as recommending budget increases. This position is responsible for monitoring and programming Austin Water’s Building Automation Systems (BAS) and managing all the HVAC projects at the Utility.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Five (5) years of experience in repair and maintenance of commercial/industrial heating, ventilation, air conditioning or refrigeration systems, including chillers., two (2) years of which were in a lead/supervisory capacity.
- Completion of accredited training in air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Texas Driver’s License in good standing
- EPA Refrigerant Recovery Certification
- Must obtain unrestricted Texas Air Conditioning License for City use within 120 calendar days of hire.
- Experience supervising a team of at least three HVAC technicians
- Experience developing and monitoring an HVAC budget
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Experience installing, repairing, and programming Building Automation System controllers
- Current Texas HVAC contractor’s license
- Experience managing a variety of HVAC equipment in a diverse portfolio of buildings to include building age, purpose, and location