Human Resources Benefits Administrator
Liaison Creative+MarketingAustin remote with some onsite after resetrictions lifted24 days ago
OVERVIEW: Partner with our VP of HR supporting our marketing employee/contractor base with HR life cycle support
COMPENSATION: Based 3-5 years of HR experience.
HOURS/DURATION: Full-time (roughly 40 hr/wk) ongoing employee. Some onsite after COVID-19 restrictions lifted
Liaison strives to be a well-oiled machine, and as a Human Resources Benefits Administrator, you will serve as a vital part of that machinery! We use collaboration, technology, well-documented processes, and innovative automation to give our customers and employees fast, accurate, and reliable services. If you're a detail-oriented person who loves to manage a workflow to Get Things Done, then this job is for you! We're continually evolving and streamlining our systems to make them as efficient and effective as possible. Your insight into how all of the machinery works will be a vital part of that process. You'll do all the things that an HR Coordinator does, including help with onboarding and offboarding employees, handling contract and regulatory paperwork, and working directly with our VP of HR and both our Talent Acquisition and Accounting teams. You'll also manage travel/expense processing and our freelance/contractor engagement process. And every office needs a steady supply of caffeine and snacks, so you'll manage the office operations as well. Since we are a people-centric organization, you'll be interacting with our employees, customers, and contractors on a daily basis; you'll also need some good people skills, a commitment to customer service, a strong desire to serve others, and a great sense of humor. It's fast-paced but not overwhelming-and your co-workers will value and respect your impressive abilities and friendly demeanor.
- Coordinate the employee onboarding process across multiple client sites, including administration of new hire paperwork and new hire orientations
- Manage our employee benefits program, including processing new enrollments and terms, assisting with annual open enrollment, answering questions, overseeing the annual process of creating our 1095-C forms, and auditing bills and paperwork
- Process employee separations and respond to TWC unemployment claims
- Assist in implementation, guidance, and interpretation of HR policy and procedures
- Serve as front-line HR support for general HR inquiries
- General administrative responsibilities, including filing and file maintenance, creating reports, and assistance with special projects
- Create a monthly employee Email newsletter using an existing template. Don't worry; we'll train you how to do it!
CONTRACTOR ENGAGEMENT REQUESTS
- Manage Liaison's Vendor Engagement Process by sending contract documents to 1099 freelance vendors
- Work with Liaison's Talent Management Team to onboard new contractors into our pool of talented creatives
- Ensure that all engagements are processed and documented in a timely fashion
- You'll make sure that nobody ever says "Oh no! We're almost out of soda!" because you'll have already ordered more yesterday!
- You'll help manage Liaison's social media content and posts
How to be a top candidate for this job:
- 3-5 years of professional experience spanning various HR functions with a focus on benefits in staffing, marketing, or advertising type environment is desired. This is not a Senior or Director level role
- An HR-related degree
- Experience with employee and contractor lifecycles: onboarding/orientation, background checks, contracts, meeting specific client requirements, offboarding, and terminations
- Knowledge of benefits administration and enrollment process, experience with self-funded benefits plans is a plus
- Administrative skills managing personnel records, spreadsheets, and data input. Excel and databases are your friends!
- Financial records management experience for travel planning/expenses, processing service invoices, and supporting purchasing requests
- Desire to be part of a social media team
- Successful candidates will use our "How does this opportunity fit you?" portion of our application to 1) Summarize benefits experience 2) Share your favorite part of being part of an HR team
- While this role is likely to be remote for the near term, we are only considering candidates in the greater Austin area. If you are applying from outside the area, be sure to include your date-specific unconditional relocation details
- Applications without this information will not be processed
- A customer service heart
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of leadership and our weird senses of humor!
- Skilled at building meaningful and relationships with candidates, employees, and clients
- Confident with Microsoft Excel skills
- Super-attentive to details
- Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation/sick and holiday leave
- 401k program with company matching
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid group term life insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance and life coverage
- Optional Pet Insurance
- Those enrolled in our medical plan get free enrollment in our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program