Human Resources Advisor Senior (Employment)
Posting Title: Human Resources Advisor Senior (Employment)
Job Requisition Number: COA089811
Position Number: 105748
Job Type: Full-Time
Division Name: Employment, Compensation & Rec
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field, plus four (4) years of HR experience.
- One (1) additional year of experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Notes to Applicants:
This position will provide guidance, leadership, and support in the areas of recruiting, staffing, and compensation for Austin Water employees. Experience hiring in a public sector environment is preferred.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
When completing a City of Austin employment application:
- Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- A detailed, complete employment application is required. It helps us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Be sure to provide job titles and employment dates for all jobs you wish to be considered.
- A resume is required, but will not substitute for a complete employment application. Please include contact information from previous employers.
- A cover letter is also required. In the cover letter candidates should describe, in concise detail, their interest in this position and highlight any prior experience that is relevant to this position.
If you are selected to interview:
Candidates selected to interview will receive information and instructions for preparing a short presentation to be given at the time of the interview.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution and proof of your professional licenses or certifications.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
All Austin Water worksite locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any AW worksite – including construction sites, parking lots, garages or in any personal vehicle located on the premises.
Pay Range: $30.14 – $37.68
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM with flexibility (Hybrid)
Job Close Date: 09/04/2023
Type of Posting: External
Department: Austin Water Utility
Grant Funded or Pooled Position: Not Applicable
Location: Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th St., Austin , TX
- Advanced full cycle talent acquisition experience.
- Experience collaborating with executives and senior management to develop and maintain relationships.
- Experience in high volume talent acquisition of both exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Experience handling full cycle recruitment to include posting jobs, screening applications, developing, and reviewing interview questions and reviewing selection packets.
- Experience hiring in a public sector environment.
- Experience using an applicant tracking/HRIS system
- Experience using Microsoft Offices applications to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities: Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates and serves as strategic partner with senior leaders and management on HR programmatic analysis, implementation, and administration providing operational oversight, advice, and analytical support.
- Manages and resolves complex HR-related issues and provides solutions to programs and processes, monitoring implementation of agreed upon actions until the problem has been resolved.
- Advises and influences management in making sound HR-related decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in providing advice and counsel to management and employee groups on a broad range of HR issues and with applicable regulations, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Interprets and provides guidance on, and interpretation of, applicable systems, policies, procedures, strategies, process work flows, and regulations; and monitors compliance with policies, regulations, laws, and program objectives.
- Identifies, analyzes, and recommends solutions for various HR problems using morale indicators and other personnel measurements, such as, but not limited to, surveys, turnover, and grievances; and presents recommendations for corrective action programs when needed.
- Provides training to managers and supervisors on HR topics and procedures.
- Researches, gathers, analyzes, and evaluates data and information; monitors program trends; reviews and performs quality checks of program-related data; and develops and maintains management reporting to support decision making and policy development.
- Monitors and maintains system data, files, records, and reporting; transmits program data files to vendors; and develops, monitors, and implements information tracking systems.
Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and ordinances governing personnel activities.
- Knowledge of City practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and practices of HR program administration and management.
- Knowledge of practices and methods of coaching and leading the work of others.
- Knowledge of principles and applications of critical thinking and analysis.
- Knowledge of customer service principles.
- Skill in overseeing the maintenance of HR program/process documentation, data, schedules, records, and files.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to coordinate deadlines, prioritize work demands and assign/monitor work performed.
- Ability to handle hostility, conflict, and uncertain situations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to develop and maintain knowledge in assigned specialized HR areas.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation: This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation
EEO/ADA: City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or Texas Relay by dialing 7-1-1.
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of an individual’s AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be at risk.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field, plus four (4) years of HR experience. One (1) additional year of experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet these qualifications?
- * How many years of experience do you have in full cycle recruitment, including creating posting jobs, screening applications, developing and reviewing interview questions, and reviewing selection packets.
- Less than 4 years
- 4-6 years
- 6-8 years
- Over 8 years
- * What is the average number of recruitments you have been responsible for on a monthly basis?
- 1 - 5
- 5 - 10
- 10 - 15
- 15 - 20
- * What level of staff do you have experience with in leading and coaching through the recruitment and hiring process?
- Front Line
- * Which HR Certification(s) do you currently hold?
- * Were you referred to this opportunity by an Austin Water employee? If yes, please provide the employee’s full name.
- (Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter