Indoor Cycling Instructor - Hays
YMCA of AustinBuda,Texas15 days ago
Are you passionate about educating others about the benefits of exercise? Join our Health & Wellness team by becoming a Cycling Instructor and help individuals become the best version of themselves.
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
What are the Perks?
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Opportunity to enroll in 403b Savings Account
- Flexible schedules
- Work-life balance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience
What are the details?
- Protect the health, safety, and welfare of all participants by keeping the fitness areas safe (i.e., racking weights, floors clear, and fitness equipment clean and sanitized, etc.).
- Encourage members to learn and understand the benefits of exercise and weight training and provide information about other available programs offered through the YMCA.
- Be available to answer questions and address fitness-related concerns of members.
- Lead and/or co-teach individual or group classes as designated by the supervisor.
- Arrive 7-10 minutes before class starts and be prepared to start class on time.
- Submit proper maintenance requests as needed for repairs and maintenance of fitness equipment.
- Secure own substitute if unable to attend scheduled shift.
- Be responsible for judging the appropriate level for all participants.
- Set up and put away equipment as needed.
- Understand and carry out YMCA Health & Wellness Program objectives.
- Completed other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You must be a minimum of 18 years of age. You have CPR Certification. Must have a Group Exercise and Cycling Certification.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive. You are organized, able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths.
- Availability: You have a flexible schedule during operational hours.
Pay Rate: 18.00 - $30.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.