How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The YMCA of Austin is a social enterprise focused on providing innovative approaches to empowering youth and families, improving quality of life and health for all, and leading social responsibility. The Y is recovering from the pandemic stronger and ready to adapt to change and growth.
As the future of work evolves, so do we. The Temporary Information Services Specialist has the opportunity to follow our hybrid model (business office/remote).
The Temporary Information Services Specialist will support the implementation of Knowledge Management practices through content inventory, content standardization, and organization within our new Microsoft 365 environment.
Salary: $48,000 - $55,000 per year, depending on experience.
What are the details?
This is a planned temporary full-time position during Microsoft 365 product implementation with a planned duration of 6 months with the possibility of moving into a Project Manager, Knowledge Management: Organizational Effectiveness and Development Full-Time position.
The Information Services Specialist will act in support of implementation efforts and will be responsible for the enablement of Sharepoint Communication sites and the organizing, standardizing, and migration of files to the file architecture. They will work with YMCA of Austin’s Organizational Effectiveness and Development team, adoption partners and consultants, and our YMCA of Austin staff team to:
- Design, implement and consult on Microsoft 365 solutions and Knowledge Management practices for the Information Management and Information Architecture process
- Perform design and implementation work that may include documentation management, taxonomy creation, template creation, and system migration
- Guide teams through content inventory process to standardize documents for organization within Microsoft 365
- Build reference architectures, frameworks, solutions, and how-to’s to advance standardization within information management
- Implement and evolve a SharePoint Online intranet, including site architecture, page construction, and theming.
- Assist teams with the setup, organization, and migration of files and content
- Ensure an effective transition of staff to the use of OneDrive for personal file management.
- Migrate content from network drives to SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Prepare knowledge base articles and other online documentation around Knowledge Management architecture and practices.
- Provide instruction, coaching, and support for the use of Microsoft 365 Sharepoint sites.
- Serve as the project management lead and subject matter expert on OED: Knowledge Management projects and workshops, overseeing the work of others and being accountable for the outcome of the Information Management systems
- Assist teams and groups to use Planner (Tasks in Teams) for agile project management.
- Coordinate across the organization, including management and staff, toward adoption and implementation of key Microsoft 365 apps, including SharePoint Online, OneDrive, and Planner, in coordination with the Director of Organizational Effectiveness and Development, Microsoft 365 adoption consultants, and our internal staff teams.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Information Management, or related discipline, or equivalent training and experience. Any combination of education, experience, and measurable performance demonstrates the capability to perform the duties of this position. Microsoft Certifications are a plus.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.