Infrastructure Records Supervisor
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texasa month ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements short- and long-range plans, programs, and personnel to meet organizations needs with respect to digital access to infrastructure records.
- Develops and oversees continuous technology-driven workflow enhancements as AW infrastructure records are made directly accessible across multiple platforms by all authorized users at any time.
- Develops, revises, and implements standard operating practices, policies, and procedures to ensure data accuracy and reliability, GIS technical and quality assurance and standards, and documentation.
- Manages the development and training of all subordinates in evolving technology environment particularly GIS, CAD, document management, and permitting enterprise software.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a quality control program to ensure accuracy and completeness of infrastructure records database and compliance with State, Federal, and Local regulatory and legal requirements.
- Develops and negotiates contracts; manages the implementation of contracts; ensures compliance with the terms and conditions and all applicable City of Austin (COA), State, and Federal requirements.
- Determines goals and objectives in alignment with executive priorities including departmental strategic plans and organizational performance enhancement initiatives such as Effective Utility Management.
- Manages interdepartmental (Development Services, Public Works) and intradepartmental (AW Information Technology, AW Engineer Services, AW Finance) collaborations and relationships to achieve continuous process improvement goals.
- Manages and sets priorities for teams responsible for digital data acquisition including direct reports, other COA forces, and external contractors.
- Manages and sets priorities for teams responsible for AW records accuracy and completeness issues, including document management and transmittal, as well as field investigations and data collection.
- Manages and provides escalation support to staff in resolving inquiries, complaints, and issues from both internal and external customers.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of core requirements for use of GIS in for municipal infrastructure
- Knowledge of project management techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of contract administration, current literature, developments, and trends in the field of GIS, automated mapping, and facilities management.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with City employees and the public.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Geographic Information Science, Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Business, Public Administration, or in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of related experience in developing and implementing a comprehensive infrastructure geographic information system, including at least two (2) years of experience which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience developing, communicating and implementing a clear vision and direction for employees, and providing training to meet performance goals
- Experience managing a team responsible for GIS data collection and development and incorporating field data into GIS datasets, maintenance, data analysis and quality control processes in a production multi-user editing environment using ESRI products (ArcGIS, ArcSDE)
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of pipeline construction and/or land development
- Ability to travel to more than one work location