Instrumentation and Control Supervisor
Austin WaterAustin, Texas4M ago
Austin Water is seeking for an Instrumentation and Control Supervisor!
South Service Center, 3616 S. 1st St., Austin, TX 78704
- Monday through Friday, 6:00am to 3:00pm.
- May be required to work outside normal business hours as business needs require.
Pay rate: $33.21 – $43.17 per hour base + City Benefits of up to 40% on top of base pay as Total Compensation Package.
Purpose: Under general direction, supervise technicians who are performing installations and repairs of instrumentation and control systems located at water and wastewater facilities and remote locations
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities: Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Plans, controls and coordinates the analysis, diagnosis, installation, repair, maintenance and the calibration of instrumentation and control equipment at Austin Water Utility facilities
- Coordinates maintenance activates with engineers, other city departments and contractors. Organizes, oversees, and maintains an inventory of test equipment, tools, and supplies. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Reviews, interprets, explains and enforces compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations
- Evaluates bid proposals and recommends selection
- Assists with and monitors the Instrumentation and Control division budget. Prepares and monitors budget for assigned work groups and works with Finance related to adjusting the division budget
- Prepares Instrumentation & Control long/short range business plans
- Communicates with customers, provides technical expertise to internal/external vendors and contractors, and represents the division at department meetings.
- Manages safety programs for assigned work group and develop, review, and revise standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Instrumentation and Control division
- Oversees, schedules and maintains activities using an automated work order maintenance system
- Creates, composes and edits technical and/or administrative correspondence, reports and documentation using computer, spreadsheet and email applications.
- Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised: Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities to include: administration of section staff meetings, safety meetings, training, evaluation, counseling, recommendation for hire and dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of Instrument International Society of Automation (ISA) and Austin Water Utility Safety Policies
- Knowledge of applicable instrumentation and controls construction and maintenance practices, equipment, and techniques
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation
- Knowledge of City of Austin contract and procurement policies and procedures
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Ability to apply sound construction and maintenance techniques
- Ability to operate all assigned calibration, construction, maintenance equipment and tools
- Ability to estimate job costs accurately
- Ability to implement change and achieve defined goals
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public
- Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus six (6) years of experience in the repair, installation, maintenance, and calibration of instrumentation and control system equipment in a water, wastewater, or closely related process facility, including two (2) years in a lead/supervisory capacity, OR
- An Associate of Arts or Science Technology degree from an accredited institution in a field related to instrumentation or control systems, plus four (4) years of experience in the repair, installation, maintenance, and calibration of instrumentation and control system equipment in a water, wastewater, or closely related process facility, including two (2) years in a lead/supervisory capacity.
- Licenses and Certifications Required: Valid Texas Class "C" Driver's License.