Inventory Control Manager II
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas5M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Provides strategic leadership/management of maintenance and operations including planning, scheduling and coordination, materials management, warehousing, reclamation and disposition, purchasing activities, and supply chain requirements).
- Develops and/or presents long-range business plans for new inventory management systems and enhancement of existing systems, operational business functions, and coordinates with stakeholders and executives.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and reports key business metrics, conduct feasibility studies, and perform cost-benefit analysis to determine viable solutions for process improvement, business needs, and procurements.
- Provides and/or presents ongoing analysis of data associated with assets for direct business decisions purposes.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures, work processes, and defined standards; monitors and measures adherence to regulatory requirements for recording assets, materials management, and procurement.
- Oversees the planning, development, and monitoring of the business unit(s) budgets.
- Oversees and recommends the development of training plans required to use and/or support business systems.
- Functions as subject matter expert between business units and information technology support personnel and other stakeholders to meet operational objectives.
- Maintains systems that assure timely distribution of materials to support customers and stakeholders and record data for key business metrics.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling and recommendation for dismissal.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of asset and materials managements systems, applications, technology, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the best practices in Asset Management Systems; planning and scheduling and project coordination functions and processes.
- Knowledge of general business and management processes including logistics operations; warehousing, purchasing, material handling, and internal controls.
- Knowledge of purchasing and contracting.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of leadership, supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Ability to lead, manage and train a multi-disciplinary workforce.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the area supported, plus six (6) years of related experience, two (2) of which were in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Master’s degree may substitute for up to two (2) years of experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License.
- If required for position, legally mandated training must be completed within 1 year of employment.
- Experience managing parts and inventory in a utility and/or industrial or manufacturing environment and utilizing an inventory management system
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical and creative problem-solving skills, and ability to make appropriate decisions independently with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Strong management skills, leadership experience, and experience providing hands-on training to personnel
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability establish and maintain good working relationship
- Experience assisting in emergency situations and performing on an emergency logistics team
- Inventory/Warehouse Management certification such as Certification Professional in Distribution and Warehousing (CPDW), Certified Warehouse Logistics Professional (CWLP), or OPEX Certified Warehouse Manager