Inventory Control Specialist II
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas8 months ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Receives, ships and verifies items assuring items received are accurate; inspecting condition of items; performing operational checks on equipment in inventory, comparing count/measure of items to purchase orders and packing lists, resolving discrepancies, and tracking delayed orders.
- Documents goods/services purchased, received and/or issued by recording identifying information using the appropriate tracking method and providing status updates to stakeholders on variances.
- Prepares items for shipment to ensure safe delivery and determines most economical and efficient shipping method. Documents items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information.
- Completes purchase requests by verifying inventory and specifications of purchase requests; preparing stock and equipment requisitions, inputting purchase orders, quotes and service requests, expediting deliveries and assisting with invoice processing.
- Replaces or repairs damaged or obsolete items using the appropriate tools and following internal guidelines.
- Resolves discrepancies in receiving by identifying damaged items and shortages and quantity of materials; placing materials in inventory, conferring with various entities to make adjustments; correcting the shortages and obtaining credits.
- Monitors and/or maintains inventory by applying fundamental control techniques; monitoring inventory level and replenishment lead times, anticipating needed items, updating inventory forecasts, minimum and maximum stock levels, and performing periodic cycle counts / inventories.
- Monitors inventory by identifying idle, excess and obsolete stock and coordinates disposition as directed.
- Supports inventory and/or warehouse operations by providing on-the-job training, troubleshooting issues at various phases of the receiving and shipping cycle, and serves as liaison among purchasing, vendors and other staff members to resolve operational issues.
- Operates various types of equipment including a pallet lift and/or fork lift.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised: None
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of fundamental inventory control procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices related to purchasing.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in record keeping and performing detailed work.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Ability to use various types of equipment, including a pallet lift and/or fork lift
- Ability to perform detailed work in an accurate and organized manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent plus three (3) years of experience in a warehouse/inventory control related field.
- Education may substitute for experience up to the maximum of two (2) years.
The person serving in this position must be able to perform tasks that involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying, and using a force equal to lifting up to fifty (50) pounds frequently, up to eighty (80) pounds occasionally, with or without accommodations. Frequent indoor & outdoor activity, such as: sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, twisting upper body, climbing stairs and ladders, finger and manual dexterity, driving automobiles, operating other equipment and client/customer contact.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License
- If required for the position, legally mandated training must be completed within 1 year of employment.