Inventory Control Specialist III
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas21d ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Plans inventory layouts and/or warehouse operations and coordinates activities of workers.
- Ensures accuracy and condition of inventoried assets, items shipped, received, or issued and recommends operational improvements
- Enters, retrieves and/or reviews data recorded in tracking system, creates and analyzes reports and recommends operational improvements.
- Establishes procedures by consulting with workers, managers and suppliers to ensure the procedures are maintained and compliant with overall objectives of the department.
- Manages inventory by performing physical counts, identifying variances and reconciling records.
- Completes purchase requests by verifying inventory and specifications of purchase requests; preparing stock and equipment requisitions, inputting purchase orders, quotes and service requests, expediting deliveries and assisting with invoice processing.
- Ensures maintenance of adequate inventory by researching and resolving discrepancies, recommending actions to manage inventory levels, disbursement and disposition of inventory.
- Manages safety by maintaining compliance with safety guidelines, reporting discrepancies, and recommending corrective action to ensure safety in the warehouse.
- Supports inventory and/or warehouse operations by recommending inventory layout, providing on-the-job training, troubleshooting issues at various phases of the receiving and shipping cycle, and serves as liaison among purchasing, vendors and other staff members to resolve operational issues.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of fundamental inventory control procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices related to purchasing.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in record keeping and performing detailed work.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Ability to perform detailed work in an accurate and organized manner.
- Ability to train others
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent plus four (4) years of experience in a warehouse/inventory control atmosphere or material handling, one (1) year of which includes experience in a lead capacity.
- Education may substitute for experience up to the maximum of (2) years.
- Utility experience and/or experience working in an industrial or warehouse environment
- Strong shipping and receiving experience
- Knowledge and experience working with water and wastewater parts, and water meters (sizes, lengths, number of dials and other features)
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Warehouse operations, inventory management and inventory control experience
- Forklift certification
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License, if required for the position.
- If required for the position, legally mandated training must be completed within 1 year of employment.