Inventory Planner II
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas2 months ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Manages stock levels of inventory by applying advanced inventory control techniques; monitoring and updating stock item forecasts, minimum and maximum stock levels, and replenishment lead times; coordinates stock level adjustments with stakeholders.
- Manages customer materials requirements by preparing complex spreadsheets that analyze customer requirements versus supply chain materials availability; acts as single point of contact for materials availability issues, provides updates of materials availability to stakeholders.
- Recommends improvements to inventory management processes by identifying critical path areas; communicates and coordinates corrective actions with stakeholders.
- Maintains, evaluates, and analyzes inventory management data by generating inventory reports for stakeholders including inventory turnover, customer service rate, stock out, and critical stock items status; recommends actions to maximize return on investment and materials availability.
- Recommends and performs enhancements to inventory management systems and participates in evaluation and selection of new systems by writing specifications and system requirements; coordinates system enhancements and needs for new capabilities with information technology support teams; coordinates and performs testing of enhancements and new systems.
- Initiates the review of inventory management procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Manages and updates inventory system data integrity by performing adjustments to system parameters and develops procedures for data maintenance.
- Manages inventory based on system data and recommends removal of idle and obsolete stock with stakeholders.
- Writes and/or contributes to technical specifications and scopes of work required for procurement of materials for inventory replenishment and to fulfill customer requirements.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of fundamental inventory control and advanced planning techniques and systems.
- Knowledge of fundamental inventory management processes and best practices.
- Skill in preparing inventory management processes, procedures and policies.
- Skill in oral and/or written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in technical writing and testing of inventory planning systems.
- Ability to perform detailed work in an accurate and organized manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics; or other related field, plus two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License, if required for the position
- If required for position, legally mandated training must be completed within 1 year of employment.
- Budget monitoring experience, including managing multiple purchase requests that may occur at one time
- Experience performing gap analysis and developing and implementing solutions
- High level experience with asset and work order management systems
- Experience managing internal and external customer experiences by providing an exceptional level of service
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make appropriate decisions independently
- Experience leading and training others on work processes
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Contract monitoring experience to include initiating new contracts